Dumbbell vs Barbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbbell vs Barbell

I was wondering what the difference is, if any, between training with dumbbells instead of barbells. Basically, I've been incorporating more dumbbell flat presses, dumbbell incline and incline flys in my workouts these days. Do dumbbells build more mass? Or does this all just come down to personal preference? I've noticed a lot of BB's train this way as well.

They both equally important. For me, i can get an isolation out of DB's more than Barbell.

Barbell for me is just general compound movement to stimulate multiple muscle groups.

Comment

Room for both in your training.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
        They both equally important. For me, i can get an isolation out of DB's more than Barbell.

Barbell for me is just general compound movement to stimulate multiple muscle groups.
        and thus u have the(fall in behind me fibers)to complete the movement..and when advanced move to where the dumbell becomes a tool to incorparate the less used fibers to hit the skinny points around the tie in.:)

Comment

I stick with dumbbells because I work out alone and I can push to failure without a spotter. I'd do both if I worked out with a partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            I stick with dumbbells because I work out alone and I can push to failure without a spotter. I'd do both if I worked out with a partner.
            what about things like barbell curls or shrugs? :clapback:

Comment

Yeah, I do those. I just assumed that OP was talking about benching.

Comment

Ya I was referring to chest exercises. Thanks for the replies guys. So dumbbells hit different muscle fibers? I've also found using the dumbbells to put less of a strain on my shoulders. I guess this is due to the angle I hold the dumbbells at.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
                  I was wondering what the difference is, if any, between training with dumbbells instead of barbells. Basically, I've been incorporating more dumbbell flat presses, dumbbell incline and incline flys in my workouts these days. Do dumbbells build more mass? Or does this all just come down to personal preference? I've noticed a lot of BB's train this way as well.
                  I think you should have a balance between barbell,,dumbbells and machine use.

Comment

Working...
                  X