Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    ^ That's a lot of calf work - 12 sets?

I think I am settling on a twice a week leg workout scheme. That should fit reasonably well with my other goals.

I am doing box squats, hack squats, hamstring curls, leg extensions and calf raises. Might throw in lunges here and there depending on time and how I feel.
    It is for calves but it keeps them in good size/shape. There are too many out there that have huge quads and pathetic calves.

Another great one for the hamstring is boxed hungarian deadlifts. really isolate the hamstrings and the feeling you get in the area is amazing. I got most of my leg workout from Tricky Jackson who has the best quads IMO.

http://www.ifbbpro.com/wp-content/up...a_jackson2.jpg

Twice a week leg workout is hard especially if you push it hard in each session. i did it for about 6 weeks and my strength increased dramatically i can know leg press a PB of 415kgs for 6 reps. (after that i can barely walk)

Comment

Basics

Squats
      Presses
      Extensions
      Curls

Just started running sprints. Man these have me sore. I hate them but soccer season is getting ready to start. I always feel like I'm going to pass out my first couple games.

Comment

Yeah, I've been mixing things up too. I run distance one day (around 6-7 miles) and do intervals on another day. I might have to cut that down a bit if I want to do legs twice a week.

Comment

Working...
        X