Biggest pet peeve at the gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about misusing equipment.

A couple of weeks ago there was a guy, obviously new to training, doing a bit of this and a bit of that, watching and then giving it go.

I wasn't really paying any attention, but I was at the squat rack, and he was next to me poking around on the nautilas T bar machine.

I'm having a break between sets, and I see him load up 10kg, and then proceed to get ready to lift - except he squats down over the bar with a straight, upright back, and before I even realise what he is about to do, let alone warn him, he grabs the handles and explodes up - just like a squat.

I shit you not, he pounded that bar so hard into his agots, I thought I heard them splitting open. The poor fucker just frooze, and then after a few secounds started to shake and turn purple - then he dropped the bar and kinda collapsed.

I was trying to help him, but all I could say was "what the fuck?" In between trying bit back laughter.

The trainers cam over and he couldn't talk and was all watered up and gasping writhing on the ground, so they were asking me what happened. I could hold back uptil this point, but when I tried to reinact it - I fully lost it and went into hysterics, which sent the trainers over the edge too.

When he was starting to look like there was no long term injury, I said to him "I'm sorry man, I'm not laughing at you, its just that obvectively, if you took yourself out of the situation, and saw that happen on funniest home videos, I gaurentee you would laugh your arse off too. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen". He didn't acknowledge this sentiment - just stared back with a bewildered look, so I left him be with the trainers.

Anyway he got his breath back within half an hour, left the gym - havnt seen him back.

Comment

smokers.... they reek of cigarettes when they come in gym... you're already going to the gym, quit smoking already... you smell like shit and fuck up my cardio when ur right next to me, lady!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyingWolf View Post
        Talking about misusing equipment.

A couple of weeks ago there was a guy, obviously new to training, doing a bit of this and a bit of that, watching and then giving it go.

I wasn't really paying any attention, but I was at the squat rack, and he was next to me poking around on the nautilas T bar machine.

I'm having a break between sets, and I see him load up 10kg, and then proceed to get ready to lift - except he squats down over the bar with a straight, upright back, and before I even realise what he is about to do, let alone warn him, he grabs the handles and explodes up - just like a squat.

I shit you not, he pounded that bar so hard into his agots, I thought I heard them splitting open. The poor fucker just frooze, and then after a few secounds started to shake and turn purple - then he dropped the bar and kinda collapsed.

I was trying to help him, but all I could say was "what the fuck?" In between trying bit back laughter.

The trainers cam over and he couldn't talk and was all watered up and gasping writhing on the ground, so they were asking me what happened. I could hold back uptil this point, but when I tried to reinact it - I fully lost it and went into hysterics, which sent the trainers over the edge too.

When he was starting to look like there was no long term injury, I said to him "I'm sorry man, I'm not laughing at you, its just that obvectively, if you took yourself out of the situation, and saw that happen on funniest home videos, I gaurentee you would laugh your arse off too. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen". He didn't acknowledge this sentiment - just stared back with a bewildered look, so I left him be with the trainers.

Anyway he got his breath back within half an hour, left the gym - havnt seen him back.
        :lmao: truly hilarious!

Comment

I think it is when I am on the cables and some turd burglar brings his weights between you and the mirror getting ready to start about an hour of sets. I know you see me over your shoulder douchebag GTFOOMW!!! Or it could be the idiot that puts 1400lbs on the sled and presses with about a 10 or 15 degree pattern and then gets up huffing and puffing and staring at everyone like he is going to unleash the beast. Not that I have ill will toward anyone, but it seems like I always wonder what would happen if he dropped that set into his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by redneck99 View Post
            smokers.... they reek of cigarettes when they come in gym... you're already going to the gym, quit smoking already... you smell like shit and fuck up my cardio when ur right next to me, lady!!!!!
            Sorry bro. That is me. I can not go to the gym without burning trees preworkout; whether it is for cardio in the AM or weights at night. When I don't have gum the looks from the ppl nearest me are nasty. At least it's not cigarettes.

Comment

fuckers who drop, and in some cases, throw dumbells at the end of each set of presses.

We have two guys at our gym that we call Tweetle Dee & Tweetle Dumb....they both have HUGE bellies and wear tight ass wife beaters. The younger of the two actually wears a headband...80's style. They huff,puff and grunt as loud as they can & then preceed to throw their weights at the end of each set. I was at a bench next to them one evening and one of their weights rolled over an almost landed on my toe...I was dieting at the time so it wasn't pretty:pissed:

Comment

DOUCHEBAGS:retard: THAT LOAD UP THE WEIGHT FOR FLAT BENCH, THEN LOWER THE FUCKING BAR 3 FRIGGIN INCHES:weights: FOR SETS OF 8 OR MORE. SCUMBAGS, I HOPE THEIR COCK & BALLS FALL OFF:fight: FUCK YOU ASSHOLE:pissed: THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO VENT:thumup:

Comment

PET PEEVE?

I CANT STAND THE DOUCHEBAGS:retard: THAT FUCKING LOAD UP THE WEIGHT ON THE FLAT BENCH AND DROP THE COCKSUCKER DOWN 3 FRIGGIN INCHES:weights: FOR SETS OF 8-10. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDIN ME YOU JERKOFF?:fight: HOPE YOUR DICK FALLS OFF YOU STUPID PRICK:wack: FUCK YOU:pissed: WOW, THAT FELT GOOD. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.:thumup:

Comment

The fuck heads that try to talk to you during a fucking set...I dont get why they just cant wait for another 30 seconds to complete my set before they start talking about endless bullshit...

Maybe i just need fucking headphones.

:wack:

Comment

When you ask someone for a spot, and they misinterpret this as a desire to begin a 20 min conversation and become life long mates - I sincerely appreciate the spot, and will return the favor any time, but FFS, can I get back to it please!!

Comment

When people ask me what im doing than just nod and go oh ok i was just wondering what it was called and then fucking walk away, like are you fucking serious, im fucking busy gtfa from me or go home and stop wasting space in the gym

Comment

People that were 3XL shirts and puff themselves all up, when in reality they should be wearing a medium shirt. Or creepers that follow girls around in the gym thinking that ever girl wants them. Lastly, people that use like three pieces of equipment at once during the rush hour at them gym and do like 20 sets on them.

Comment

That's sad to see people with no idea about equipment. Clearly he should be using an ezicurl bar when doing bi's in a rack.
                            How about this? I hear two douches talking about how much the ez-bar curl weighs one says to the other it weights 40-45 lbs, because of the bar ends??? So he said he was doing work repping out 75lbs...lol

Comment

Working...
                            X