Cardio; when, what, and how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio; when, what, and how long?

When is the optimum time to do cardio for you, and why?

What is in your opinion the best equipment for cardio? (Stairmaster, bike, TM)?

How long do you do cardio for and what is the target Heartrate?

Assuming the frequency of cardio/week is based on conditioning?

I dont do cardo as all the is need is diet and training to get as lean as you like.

If I were to do cardio it would be in the morning on an empty stomach brisk walking pass on a slight incline treadmill.

Comment

Any machine is fine. 120-130bpm is enouhh for fat loss

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        I dont do cardo as all the is need is diet and training to get as lean as you like.

If I were to do cardio it would be in the morning on an empty stomach brisk walking pass on a slight incline treadmill.
        Hahs the words of a man on Steroids

Comment

What about 8 or 9 weeks out, for an ectomorph? Conditioning is on, but I am heavier this time and want to preserve as much lbm as possible.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I would go with bouncer fast walk on treadmill. walk as fast as you can while being able to talk without having breathing issues. Or just get a heart rate monitor find your max heart rate and hit 60%-70% to burn fat. max heart rate is 220 - age.
            the % is just a guide line if you are huffing and puffing at 60% HR then slow down if not then speed up. concidering you are going on stage and want every bit of muscle i would start out slower just to make sure

Comment

I still do empty stomach cardio 30-45 min every morning, no choice dog takes that long to do his biz so I make some cardio time out of it huge hilly neighborhood so its about a brisk walk pace.
              Next if I do a second cardio its PWO.
              Most of the time I only do one, unless Im really trying to shred down.
              Diet and training takes care of the rest.

Lots of people on the bandwagon about having aminos, glutamine or protien powder instead of the empty stomach thing....seems like people always want to get out of that but Im sticking with my way.

Always worked, and I feel no need to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdos View Post
                I still do empty stomach cardio 30-45 min every morning, no choice dog takes that long to do his biz so I make some cardio time out of it huge hilly neighborhood so its about a brisk walk pace.
                Next if I do a second cardio its PWO.
                Most of the time I only do one, unless Im really trying to shred down.
                Diet and training takes care of the rest.

Lots of people on the bandwagon about having aminos, glutamine or protien powder instead of the empty stomach thing....seems like people always want to get out of that but Im sticking with my way.

Always worked, and I feel no need to change it.
                For 20 years in the Army I always did PT on an empty stomach.. never had issues always stayed lean.... then I stopped and turned into a marshmellow.... almost 6 months ago I started again... guess what.. Back good and lean!!!! AM empty stomach works for me. I take 2 scoops of whey, 8 oz water a raw egg and a tsp of creatine in a PWO shake as soon as I'm done..

Comment

cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I do a fast walk for 45min.

Comment

So it sounds as though we are all in agreement about cardio 1st thing in the AM on an empty stomach even for an ectomorph. I'll continue doing that...nice and slow like you guys said.

It would be nice to be a genetic freak like some ppl and not have to do cardio :cursin:

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                      It would be nice to be a genetic freak like some ppl and not have to do cardio :cursin:
                      Ive always been jealous of those people. When cutting I do cardio AM and PM atm im doing 1hour after weights in the morning, and then 1 hour after weights at night.

I use the treadmill nothing beats it. Incline 10 speed 6 keeps my heart rate at 130 and calories ticking over. I burn on average 800+ calories each session. Then i walk home from gym to cool down its about 30mins and slightly hilly.

Comment

Fuck guess I'm behind turning the dial;

Treadmill first thing in AM slight incline 30m 130-140bpm

Stairmaster late night Post workout squeezing the fuck outta the glutes each step for 30m.

Comment

Get a HRM bro...

I got this one:

Amazon.com: Polar RS100 Heart Rate Monitor and Stopwatch: Polar: Sports & Outdoors

Works great and is less than 70 bucks. It also seems to interface with the machine I am on, so I can get the display both on my wrist as well as on the machine.

It is nice because you can also walk/run outside and keep track of your heart rate. You're not depending on the built in sensor on the machine.

Comment

HIIT style intervals.

C2 rower and/or sprints for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X