Do you train while sick or injured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you train while sick or injured?

Lets say with a cold? Any suggestions on ridding this m f asap? Also, precontest; is it appropriate to lay off the weights a few days? So far I have stuck with the diet and done moderate treadmill in the AM but I am stressing out big time bc I have not lifted in 3 days. The bb gods are not being good to me right now........

ALso if anyone has any suggestions for a strained lower back that would be cool too. It along with the cold has kept me out of the gym, and I'm getting nervous. What is better, heat or ice? Thank you.

Ice right after the injury, heat after that. So, use heat in your case.

Comment

Get an anti inflammatory gel on your back and m
      Maybe some bio freeze. training wise if your up to it train but not heavy medium weight squeeze and don't tax the cns

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        Get an anti inflammatory gel on your back and m
        Maybe some bio freeze. training wise if your up to it train but not heavy medium weight squeeze and don't tax the cns
        Thanks I.

So training medium weight; will I lose size? Coming up on 4 weeks out.

Comment

With a cold I never push myself to an extreme amount, your body is trying to fight that thing off, no need to tax its system any more than it allready is.
          With the precontest thing the week before a show I do only light squeezing, upper body alt lower body Mon throgh Wed after Wed no training at all...let your body start to fill out and come in good hard and full.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
            Thanks I.

So training medium weight; will I lose size? Coming up on 4 weeks out.
            At this stage you should be really concentrating on the squeeze really contracting the muscle you are training like you would be squeezing it on stage but with a weight. So no I don't think you have to worry about losing size. You want to get the blood in there and not tax your cns much. Also get shout loads of vitamin c in you

Comment

Originally posted by ajdos View Post
              With a cold I never push myself to an extreme amount, your body is trying to fight that thing off, no need to tax its system any more than it allready is.
              With the precontest thing the week before a show I do only light squeezing, upper body alt lower body Mon throgh Wed after Wed no training at all...let your body start to fill out and come in good hard and full.
              opposite for me... i work hard "sweat out a cold" i get over it quicker. plus its a fucking cold man up!

Comment

i just did today, fucken dizzy as shit and had a hard time breathing. snot pouring out of my nose like a fucken hose. not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  At this stage you should be really concentrating on the squeeze really contracting the muscle you are training like you would be squeezing it on stage but with a weight. So no I don't think you have to worry about losing size. You want to get the blood in there and not tax your cns much. Also get shout loads of vitamin c in you
                  Thanks bro been slamming ester c at about 5,000mg/day+, 1.5gal fluid, did wat you suggested last night with light cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    i just did today, fucken dizzy as shit and had a hard time breathing. snot pouring out of my nose like a fucken hose. not fun.
                    Been there bro I know we've both done it 100x and everytime I train through that shit it drags on for 2+ weeks. Took 3 days out the gym and rested/vit c/1.5 gal h2o/rest and after day 5 I'm already feeling better. FYI it started in the sinus prob from allergies like urs. Also Dr. Oz's recommendation (cheap) is Umcka and I think that may have helped shorten the duration. FUckin hate bein sick

Comment

the ride home was even worse, eyes watering up, snot dripping. lmao. hope it clears up over the weekend. gonna try and eat some more cals in the form of junk food like pizza. i cant stomach my normal chicken and rice at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        the ride home was even worse, eyes watering up, snot dripping. lmao. hope it clears up over the weekend. gonna try and eat some more cals in the form of junk food like pizza. i cant stomach my normal chicken and rice at the moment.
                        Must b nice. Fuckin fish and broccoli while sick. Ew.

Comment

Working...
                        X