Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the crazier training methods you have tried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the crazier training methods you have tried?

My arms are at 18 inches (left one is smaller) but they always seemed to look small compared to traps/shoulders/chest etc. I have read about all kinds of crazy training methods to bring up lagging bodyparts.

Here is one
    Bodybuilding.com - One Day Arm Attack Training! (This is basically a whole day of arm training)

Than there is '21's' etc.

I'm pretty open minded with regards to new training methods but i'm not naive enough to believe a lot of the bullshit out there. Training does seems like one area that hasn't really progressed that much since the 70's.

What are some of the crazier or less traditional training methods you guys have tried?

Sometimes I will just go crazy on my sets with bench presses or squats, leg presses whatever just do an insane amount of volume never dropping below 10 reps lowering the weight if I feel I can't get 10 reps. Might be in the gym for 2 hours just grinding. But always take plenty of days off after to recover from whatever muscle group I did this with. Same old routine gets boring and imo my gains stop and I just maintain what I have.

Comment

What do you guys think of that all day arm training routine, would you ever try something that extreme?

Comment

Wow. I agree with radio. That goes for damn near everything. People overlook the basics and make things so complicated.

Comment

i have never done "crazy" shit. maybe some shock routines likes a ton of sets etc.. but i have always been smart enough to know there is no magic routine, its all about consitancy, training the muscle, diet, and chemicals

Comment

you know its true though. if you want real progress and amazing gains to the point where people are saying "wtf" in the gym, chemicals are whats needed.

you can improve a great deal without them, but not that extreme quick change that abusers like you and I know. :D

Comment

how is it not true?

same person, same diet, same training. guy trains natural for 6 months VS guy on AAS for 6 months. which verson of the same guy makes far more progress?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                What do you guys think of that all day arm training routine, would you ever try something that extreme?
                No thats way to much

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  there is no magic routine, its all about consitancy, training the muscle, diet, and chemicals
                  :agreed:

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
                    No thats way to much
                    What are you basing that on though?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                      What are you basing that on though?
                      Nothing really red just imo sounds like over training to the extreme..give it a try and let us know how it works for you

Comment

Who knows it may work for you like shocking your muscles but I wouldn't do it on the regular

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
                          Who knows it may work for you like shocking your muscles but I wouldn't do it on the regular
                          yeh i would never make it a regular thing

Comment

I agree with the rest of the guys simple proven things are what works.
                            your genitics are holding your arms back not your workouts.
                            I am the same boat as you sorta. My bicepts are way over powering my arms and my tricepts are the weak part of my arms. I have tried a few silly things to get tris to grow same with calfs shit just dont work they are my genetic fuck ups I guess.

Comment

Bottom line, stick to the basics, use a weight that is heavy but a weight that you can control perfectly for every set, every once in awhile throw in a shock treatment with high reps etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X