anyone run a marathon before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone run a marathon before?

now that marathon season is over, makes me think that I might want to train for one next fall.

anyone with experience they can share?

I am a non-runner, will most likely start on the treadmills at the gym. I usually only do low heart rate cardio on the elliptical mostly...

Never run one and never will :D but you basically have to start running outside regularly start with a mile then add a mile a week. So you have to start training about 25 weeks before the marathon date and you should be able to run 25 miles straight about a week or two before the marathon.

Comment

I used to run them in the army but I absolutely despise running now. Beast is right you have to run outside and get your lungs acclimated and used to running on different surfaces. Start slow and keep adding on the miles.

Comment

Not far enough really

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          Agreed.

How's the child bro? Isn't it a life changing thing:)
          Shes amazing; crawling and standing on her own , calling me dadda, got 2 teeth. Just turned 9 months. Time is flying by. It seems like weeks ago we brought her home.

Comment

Start with the "Couch to 5k" program.

Just be consistent and stick with it, the miles will come as well as your speed.

Training on the treadmill is going to be very different from real road running. If you don't have a decent place outside to train, be sure to set the treadmill to at least an incline of "two" in order to better mimic the varying terrain of a normal road.

Comment

I was going to start a thread about the C25k program. I've always wanted to like running, but I can't stand it. I just started this program last week. I hope it helps our relationship, lol.

Comment

If running is your goal, C25k will help you get there....but it won't make you like running.

I fucking hate to run, I can do it, and my wife and I do several "adventure" type races every year like Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash and Spartan Race. I tolerate the running so I can get to the next obstacle, but I still hate it.

I think my arms are probably longer than my legs, I was built to lift heavy shit not run around it.

Comment

I only run from the police. If they have dogs I cry.

Comment

Working...
                  X