No announcement yet.

How many sets do you guys do for delts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many sets do you guys do for delts?

Just curious...

I do shoulders the same day as chest and tris (basically a "push" day) and I feel that the shoulders get hit reasonably well with the chest exercises.

I've been sticking to 6 sets, 3 for front and 3 for rear delts. I am thinking of ditching the front delt exercises altogether and focusing on medial and rear delts. Shoulder presses bother my shoulder and I've been staying away from them lately.

What do you guys think? Should I up the sets? 6 seem adequate to me, especially cautious about overworking the shoulder girdle.

Twelve here

Comment

4 sets presses

4 sets side db raises

4 sets rear db raises

4 sets front db raises

Comment

Scrum try light cable presses and go until your delts are so burnt you have a hard time lifting your arms.

Comment

yea i do 4 because i do light high reps for delts. hard to do raises heavy without cheat and bringing other muscles into play.

Comment

Front raises are a total waste

Comment

LoL

Comment

Cool... sounds like I could bump up the volume a bit. Will give it a try next time.

B, are the cable presses on a seated machine? I've seen people do lateral raises and stuff with cables but I don't recall seeing a place to do cable presses.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                  Cool... sounds like I could bump up the volume a bit. Will give it a try next time.

B, are the cable presses on a seated machine? I've seen people do lateral raises and stuff with cables but I don't recall seeing a place to do cable presses.
                  Yea any modern gym should have a seated cable machine where you can do delts and chest

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                    wow.
                    Bench, incline, front press, dumbbell press even bnp all hit front delt.

Comment

I've got to look around my POS 24 hour shitness gym and see if they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        Scrum try light cable presses and go until your delts are so burnt you have a hard time lifting your arms.
                        Cable press wtf? Like anal sex

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

Bench, incline, front press, dumbbell press even bnp all hit front delt.
                          Same can be said for almost every lift hitting other muscle groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

Cable press wtf? Like anal sex
                            Thanks for the contribution Rado Stfu

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                              Thanks for the contribution Rado Stfu
                              Gay movement won't help him, also double counting isolation shit like front raises are stupid for his context

Comment

Working...
                              X