• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr incredible
    Haney alsop loved shrugs to rear
    Haney All Slop?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Pulldown behind the neck and barbell shoulder presses behind the neck are shoulder problems waiting to happen.
      Maybe if sloppy uncontrolled or jerky. Smooth controlled reps with light to medium weight in different awkward angles helps imo.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan

Maybe if sloppy uncontrolled or jerky. Smooth controlled reps with light to medium weight in different awkward angles helps imo.
        It's about putting your should joint in an unnatural position.

Comment

Our shoulder girdle is pretty much all the evidence you need against an intelligent designer. The things people do to their shoulders in the gym make me cringe. The above examples, plus upright rows with lousy form and rolling your shoulders with shrugs.

Comment

LOL, just got back from the gym and was standing next to a guy rolling his shoulders during shrugs. Stupid gym rat that clearly just made up the shit as he went. I think he chose his next exercise based on where the milfs were.

Comment

I've done barbell press behind the neck since age 11 using up to about 285lb, I have no shoulder problems per se. I'm not recommending it to others just saying. I don't do it every workout any more though as I do get more stiffness days after training than I used to

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                Ill try and explain it best I can

grab DBs light weight pinch your traps together in the back like you wanna hold a dime or something inbetween them then put chin on chest and pull up while still squeezing them together (now the hard part) on the way down keep them pinched. Try it with no weight and i bet you get a pump in 10-15 reps with zero weight.

the hardest part is keeping them pinched the intire time!
                HUMM,,I've never done them that way ..Im gonna give it a go at lunch when I hit the gym! thanks bro great suggestion:thumup:

Comment

Only part I disagree with rocket on is chin on chest. No need to push your chin down like that. Just look at the floor, don't force your neck down like that.

Comment

I look upwards when I shrug. I will have to try looking down.

Comment

Damn whole diffrent pump with that position, felt like I was working a whole different set/ group doing it that way. So I did "normal" shrugs and those today...Im feeling it!!:thumup:

Comment

Working...
                      X