• Week starts off well, ends badly

I seem to be making a habit of it lately.. :(

1 hr cardio Monday am, chest/tris Mon pm
    1 hr cardio Tuesday am, back/bis Tue pm
    Wed - couldn't make to cardio am, shoulders/forearms Wed pm
    Thu - couldn't make it to gym
    Fri - couldn't make it to gym
    Sat - couldn't make it to gym

Between work and kid stuff, I've been unable to do legs and missed 2 sessions of cardio. It seems like I get the week off to a good start, but then things fall apart. This has happened 2-3 weeks in a row now. Very frustrating.

I need to get my shit together and get the freaking train back on the rails. :pissed:

do the those same issues that keep you from the gym just not happen in the start of the week?

Comment

No, things just build up. Shit happens at work.. I work in an R&D lab, and experiments go sideways, then I've got to rally the troops, get experiments refined and redone. It tends to go downhill towards the end of the week.

Some of it is mental as well - not to beat my own drum, but I've got better mental fortitude than most anyone I have ever known. If I need to wake up at 4am to hit the gym or do a 6-miler, then dammit, there's not too much stopping me from doing it. But things have worn me down a bit to where I think I've lost a bit of the edge.

But this too shall pass, I think. Just need to ride things out.

Comment

yea maybe you should take a week or 2 and not do anything at all in terms of cardio or training. recharge your batteries.

Comment

yep thats how I felt Fri... No work due to injury for 2 months..then I get back into it and the damn gyms were closed...

You'll get it back man... just a down cycle.....

Comment

Training too much mate

Comment

yea, i think he does to much cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                yea, i think he does to much cardio.
                How else will I maintain my girlish waistline without the hormonas?

Moreover, I've got to be ready for the zombie apocalypse. When the shit hits the fan, Rocket has his underground bunker and his armory. All I've got is my footspeed.

Comment

sometimes a little relaxation is the best meds bro. take a week off totally.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    yea maybe you should take a week or 2 and not do anything at all in terms of cardio or training. recharge your batteries.
                    :agreed:

Rest up and relax, scrum

Comment

I have done this before too. One of two things. Training which everyone said, or diet... Two hard days in a roll is tough on me when my intensity is high. But also when my diet turns to the dumps. Fast food and beer, tastes good but sure doesn't fuel your body lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X