two weeks back after injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two weeks back after injury

Got 3 good work outs in this week. Still just working dumbells and cables all around work outs, chest back arms shoulders ect. Amazing how after 2 months off its like starting over again. Increased the weight a bit on some exercises to about 2/3 of what I would normally do. Working the triceps pretty high reps but with light med weights. All seems to be going well at this point. I may just be nuts but I look firmer after two weeks back I guess I had started to soften up a bit and hadn't really paid attention. If all continues to go well I'm gonna try to bump it up a little bit more on friday last work out of the week and see how it goes....baby steps, but it damn sure feels good to be back at it!!:thumup:

To work the triceps I have started doing an additional press on a flat bench with a single 50 lb dumbell, I set it on my chest and with both hands just press it out till my arms are straight, then bring it back down to my chest, I do 15/20 reps of that then go straight into a sort of french press but I use both hands again on the dumbell. I lower it almost to the ground behind my head then bring it back up till my arms are locked out. Slight bend in the elbows and then straighten it out . Work the lats and the triceps(maingoal) real well... getting a serious pump doing that. I was doing that with a 90 before I got hurt but I'll build back up slow as I dont want to re injure it. Over all though..the recovery seems to be going good so far:agreed:

good to hear bro. i am sure it makes you feel better mentally as well. fucks me up if i am away from the gym even a week.

Comment

Good to hear. 2/3 of your original weight is not bad for the time you have had off. That's a pretty standard deload goal if you are doing any periodized training. You'll be back in no time. Key now is not to push too hard and re-injure yourself.

Comment

also, NEVER train for ego.

pay no attention to others and lift for yourself.

do not make friends with people in the gym and view it as a social gathering either. i made this mistake once and never again. i knew everyone at the gym and i had to walk through a maze of people wanting to chat before i started training. now, i smile at no one, i blast headphones in ear even before i walk into the gym and i make eye contact with nobody. people ask for a spot i walk by them and act like i never heard them. its the only way.

Comment

I agree on all points guys! The Gym I like to use is the smallest on post. No fancy shit..mostly just iron.. so the ones in there are there to work . Seems to be a regular crowd of officers and soldiers in there for lunch each day. I get there about 11:30 and get out about 12:30 or so. beat most of the crowd. None of them really wanna talk with the "old dude" LOL but ya can tell they show respect to me just for being in there all the time... its a comfortable atmosphere... and as an edit.. I dont wanna even try hanging with some of those young troopers...some big boys in there...
          Last edited by lipripper; 05-04-12, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            also, NEVER train for ego.

pay no attention to others and lift for yourself.

do not make friends with people in the gym and view it as a social gathering either. i made this mistake once and never again. i knew everyone at the gym and i had to walk through a maze of people wanting to chat before i started training. now, i smile at no one, i blast headphones in ear even before i walk into the gym and i make eye contact with nobody. people ask for a spot i walk by them and act like i never heard them. its the only way.
            This is exactly why I dont make friends with people at the gym.

I hate getting interrupted mid work out for a "chat"

I do the same. blast my head phones keep my head down to myself. if i have a hoodie i will put that bitch on.

wife and i got into it when i tried to work out with her for the first couple times. She loves to pay attention to other people see if they are paying attention to her... and would notice all the ppl she knew and worry about them coming over to say hi.

i just got for the quick wave and smile.

But bouncer is right. Leave your ego out of this. Especially coming back from such a bad injury. Youll end up hurting yourself even worse if you get ahead of yourself. Good to hear things are progressing tho bro.

Comment

Working...
            X