Do flyes have any mass building value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    I might do something like that later this year, but for now, I'm going to see how this split goes:

Mon - Chest/Tris
    Tue - Legs
    Wed - Back/bis
    Thu - Shoulders
    Fri - Legs

Sat/Sun - running/stretching/hiking, etc. No lifting. During the week, I might run in the morning, or for a half hour after lifting if I have time.

Nice split. I am about to change things up and I like your setup.

Comment

Yeah, I'm liking this split because it also lines up well with what time I have during the day. Thursdays, I have meetings from 9-noon and 1-5. The 1 hour between noon and 1 is enough to fit a shoulder workout in. Unless you are Bouncer, you've got to work with what you have.. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        I'm generally finishing chest up with 3 sets of flyes but I wonder if I am wasting my time with them. Maybe as pre-exhaustion they are useful, but I wonder if flyes have any value as a basic mass building exercise. Opinions?
        YES,,,I think if you do them right they can add some size to your chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
          YES,,,I think if you do them right they can add some size to your chest.
          What do you mean when you say "do them right?" Is there a specific technique that you suggest works better?

Comment

Working...
          X