Started doing legs twice a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started doing legs twice a week

This is a new experiment to put some size on my legs as they are not in proportion to my upper body at this time.

I don't think I've done legs twice a week ever. Feeling good so far, but I've got to watch out for fatigue and injury, as I am still running 2 or 3 times a week. I might move to the elliptical and maybe even a bike more to keep the stress off the joints.

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    This is a new experiment to put some size on my legs as they are not in proportion to my upper body at this time.

I don't think I've done legs twice a week ever. Feeling good so far, but I've got to watch out for fatigue and injury, as I am still running 2 or 3 times a week. I might move to the elliptical and maybe even a bike more to keep the stress off the joints.
    Bad choice IMO since you're also running. You want mass, put some weight on the hack rack machine and do 8-6-4 rep count starting at 75% of your max. IMO, doing something twice a week would be like your calfs or abs...

Comment

How about if I stop running completely? Would twice a week be good then? I want to push it as hard as possible and want to try something different. I am willing to put my running aside for a bit if it will help. I am uber disciplined at the dinner table and never had a problem staying lean, so don't really need the running for that.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read your message thoroughly before I responded. Post me a good legs routine!

Comment

I've seen your physique and yes you're quite lean and small, no offense on the small, but also very strong from what it seems.

I just don't like working big muscle groups twice a week. Calfs and abs are small and constantly being worked, I know legs too...But remember, to gain mass and strength(because mass does not always mean strength)you need to lift heavy and shorter reps.

Comment

Agree rado, once a week is plenty.

tell me what leg equip you have and lets put some workouts together

Comment

Hack squats I like a lot. Don't like leg presses at all - I always end up rounding my lower back and I think it puts my lower back in an ergonically dangerous position. Maybe it is just the equipment I have, but I don't want to pop a disk in my lower back. I have extensions, curls, calf raise machine, etc. Also, squat rack and smith rack. I tend to stick to the hacks, as they feel really good and natural for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post

Training legs twice a week has been helpful for me in improving my legs for sure. Just keep your age and the fact that you are natty in mind. You need to be careful that you don't over train and end up with the opposite effect that you are looking for. Keep your leg workouts short and intense with the most weight possible that you can comfortably control for 10-12 reps. Keep us updated bro. :)

Comment

Thanks, bro! I'll see how things go. If I feel my legs are not recovering, I'll back off to once a week.

Comment

if you have to do 2 times per ( I wouldnt without drugs then still might not)
                  do 1 time heavy then the next light. if you go heavy both times you will over train very fast.

you have to do squats leg press is not the same. I perfer to do squats on the smith so I can push my feet out and not fall over. this way I can hit mostly the quads and not my core.
                  I stand straight under bar then walk my feet out about a 12 inches or so then squat. try it you will see it blasts the quads and not much else.

of coarse watch your form push threw heels, sit straight down, shoulders back ect ect

Comment

Working...
                  X