I don't get personal trainers sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
    how high was the box? I am a big fan of plyos and train many people in that everyday. but they are all fighters and not fat,lol but still a fat person can do plyos as long as it isnt crazy. kinda like a common sence thing.
    This

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      I disagree, people.can look out of shape but be quite fit, simple.
      And what is that like 0.000001% of fat people population?

Topic is simple bro. No need pull it in different directions to make an unrelated point.
      Most of the personal trainers don't know shit about proper training. They do whatever is in that month. It could be kettlebell, crossfit or some other shit that came on TV. I can tell you for a fact 99.9% of the trainers only care about how much the client sweats during the workout and that is about it. If a person looking like they are about to keel over while doing an exercise above their fitness level they should be doing it. Does it mean they shouldn't be doing it ever again? No but at least do a modified version until they can get to better level.

Oh by the way it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe some one doing things that are above their fitness level in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
        And what is that like 0.000001% of fat people population?

Topic is simple bro. No need pull it in different directions to make an unrelated point.
        Most of the personal trainers don't know shit about proper training. They do whatever is in that month. It could be kettlebell, crossfit or some other shit that came on TV. I can tell you for a fact 99.9% of the trainers only care about how much the client sweats during the workout and that is about it. If a person looking like they are about to keel over while doing an exercise above their fitness level they should be doing it. Does it mean they shouldn't be doing it ever again? No but at least do a modified version until they can get to better level.

Oh by the way it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe some one doing things that are above their fitness level in the gym.
        Ok bro, your making some sweping statements now like ' most personal trainers don't know shit' I made my point which I think is valid but I understand that if someone is really really unfit, they should start gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          ....I understand that if someone is really really unfit, they should start gradually.
          Which is what I said in my original post, which you disagreed with. :weights:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Which is what I said in my original post, which you disagreed with. :weights:
            Totally different context, learn to let things go bro.:)

Comment

I saw this guy at my gym doing something like a "boot camp" style routine with these people who were obvously pretty new in the gym and fairly overweight.

After their workout was over, one of the girls, clearly upon instruction from the trainer, was doing box jumps. She was about 5'2" maybe, at least 175lbs, i.e. a good 50-60lbs overweight. She has no business doing plyometrics.

Not sure what the hell the trainer was thinking.. What about standard cardio and maybe intervals after a while? This was an injury waiting to happen. :disagree:

Beast, have you seen this kind of stuff before?
              Or fat trainers either, especially ones that look like shit.

Comment

I saw this guy at my gym doing something like a "boot camp" style routine with these people who were obvously pretty new in the gym and fairly overweight.

After their workout was over, one of the girls, clearly upon instruction from the trainer, was doing box jumps. She was about 5'2" maybe, at least 175lbs, i.e. a good 50-60lbs overweight. She has no business doing plyometrics.

Not sure what the hell the trainer was thinking.. What about standard cardio and maybe intervals after a while? This was an injury waiting to happen. :disagree:

Beast, have you seen this kind of stuff before?
                epic
                post a video next time

Comment

It's funny when you hear trainers telling something that's a total lie

Comment

Working...
                  X