Thoughts on crossfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on crossfit?

So I'm giving Bjj a break again for a couple of years and just want to be at one gym, and that's a crossfit gym. I want to do something different yet still intense. I think it's stupid I pay for three memberships, although I use all of them, crossfit would have everything I need there. Funny thing is the one I want to join has a brown belt from GFT and he does like part time classes....so if I really have a craving, I could do it there.

But I want to give it a break. It's been a nice ride....now onto crossfit. I hear mixed reviews, but I'm not doing it because so many people do it; although they have some fine women who do it:P

I want to do it because it's something different yet not easy.

So....thoughts anyone?

I say do it bro. Its a change and change can be a great thing as a way to put a different perspective on things. We tend to get lost a bit when doing the same shit year after year.

Comment

Don't do it.

I'm not a fan of crossfit at all. It's a bunch of shitty and in lots of cases, downright dangerous exercises done with poor form. You'll end up injured.

A far better option, especially for a fighter like you is called "Infinite Intensity" by Ross Enamait. Google him, or go to rosstraining.com and look him up. I can assure you that it will kick your ass and unlike Cross fit, does not have stupid shit. Go to Youtube and look up Ross Enamait. Dude's the real deal - total stud.

Comment

Ross Enamait is a fighter and trainer. So his exercises are all based on developing strength, stamina and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Don't do it.

I'm not a fan of crossfit at all. It's a bunch of shitty and in lots of cases, downright dangerous exercises done with poor form. You'll end up injured.

A far better option, especially for a fighter like you is called "Infinite Intensity" by Ross Enamait. Google him, or go to rosstraining.com and look him up. I can assure you that it will kick your ass and unlike Cross fit, does not have stupid shit. Go to Youtube and look up Ross Enamait. Dude's the real deal - total stud.
          Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Ross Enamait is a fighter and trainer. So his exercises are all based on developing strength, stamina and speed.
          Ah yes, you're the hater:wave:

No seriously scrum, why are you so against it? Just picking your brain buddy....I'm not a "fighter" by any means....I can certainly get down and hold my game....but I want soemthing that's different and intense...after all these years of changing diets, training routines, weights, Etc...I think I've exhausted my options in terms of "changing things up"

So I think of crossfit...yes I've heard how absurd it is, but there has to be good to it...Im also not going to just join some crossfit that's not reputable ...Boston has some of the best schools and expensive:x

Comment

Do it.

Comment

Of its well run I'm sure it's a good thing

Do it and report back

Comment

Crossfit. More like bossfit. Lol jokes aside crossfit has caused a lot of serious injuries so if you're going to do it make sure you get a good instructor and not some dipshit that makes newbies do stupid stuff to snap their shit up.

Comment

I agree with scrum there poor forum and stupid timed stuff.
                  this is just a example but say squats they want you to squat 225lbs as 50 times and the person that does it the fastest is "the best" now who wants to do that I personal would never race when doing a exercise that can hurt me.

Comment

What Rocket said.

The problem I have with Crossfit is that they do some retarded combos like Olympic lifts combined with kipping pull ups, all against the clock.

Olympic lifts are highly technical and it takes a lot of work to learn to do them right. If you do 5 snatches followed by 10 kipping pull ups and repeat that 2 or 3 tines, there's no way you are going go be maintaining form on the 2nd or third go around. Olympic lifts with sloppy form = injury.

Basically, Crossfit gets you to be really good at.. Crossfit. Once again, spend 20 bucks at Rosstraining.com and pick up his Infinite Intensity book. You'll not regret it. All his routines are based on explosive speed exercises, aerobic conditioning stuff (burpees, grasshoppers mountain climbers , etc.) and compound DB lifts.

Comment

What Is Crossfit?: http://youtu.be/qnjYyfkcaNI

Comment

Ha, I think the heavy bag knocked the air out of him.

Comment

"It's the meat spin.com of circuit training let's see how many times you can swing your dick around, with another dudes dick in your ass"

Comment

Lol
                            http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEcubbF3kI8

Comment

Fucking Pansies :D

Comment

Working...
                              X