No announcement yet.

Thoughts on crossfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only thing I don't agree with what they do there is there lift practices but in terms of getting an intense workout and having a lot of people there kind of rooting for each other that was great

Comment

Would you say that if you already know proper form and technique that this would negate the negative impression of crossfit?

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
        Would you say that if you already know proper form and technique that this would negate the negative impression of crossfit?
        absolutely!

for example when we had to do pull ups there's a certain way they do it....so when I was doing mine, I did 10 pull ups (that was part of the wod)while another had done 15 to my 10
        ...it's all about teamwork and every person on your team is strong/weak in one aspect....so you basically align yourself to come our on top and if your strategy works,.you win
        ..it's all about speed yet stamina...you need to know how to pace and when to explode. ....I had fun

Comment

“Fruity Pebbles”

Teams of 3

On the Minute x 24

Station 1 – 5 Pull-Ups, 10 Pushups, 15 Air Squats

Station 2 – Max Calorie Row

Station 3 – 25 Abmat Situps

Athletes start at different stations.* Rotating on the minute, score is total calories on the rower.

this is the workout we did...

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
            the only thing I don't agree with what they do there is there lift practices but in terms of getting an intense workout and having a lot of people there kind of rooting for each other that was great
            What do you mean? What don't you like?

I'm glad your loving it bro. I don't think it would be for me though. I tend to be pretty sarcastic about shit and that whole "team routing you on" thing sounds a bit ehhh. I'd stop and hold a meeting with my team and say.. "listen guys, i'm going to put my headphones on because you fucks are distracting me.. thanks and kindly fuck off."

Comment

I'm with B on this one. Going to the gym for me is not a team sport. But this sounds like it's perfect for you pumpkin! :gaydo:

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                What do you mean? What don't you like?

I'm glad your loving it bro. I don't think it would be for me though. I tend to be pretty sarcastic about shit and that whole "team routing you on" thing sounds a bit ehhh. I'd stop and hold a meeting with my team and say.. "listen guys, i'm going to put my headphones on because you fucks are distracting me.. thanks and kindly fuck off."
                It's not literally someone yelling in your face, besides the music is playing and it was good hip hop....more like a spotter at the gym or your workout buddy; that's what I don't necessarily care for. I've always lifted alone and I prefer that. The movements in general, is another adjustment I need. Again, I had a blast and will be at it 5/6 days a week now that I've hung the gi up for bit. I definitely had a huge edge because of being fit and strong, but very different training that it makes you not want to quit. I can see how people who start it, love it.

When it's a no team effort, the only person you need to conquer; is yourself. THAT to me is my challenge because I know what I'm capable(up to this point)of doing. However this an entire new thing for me and it kind of tests me all around. Like I said, I'm sick of going to three different gyms during the week. At this place I have everything except bjj and that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  "listen guys, i'm going to put my headphones on because you fucks are distracting me.. thanks and kindly fuck off."
                  Ever seen a sign that says.

"Leave your EGO outside"

Your arrogance alone defeats you, and you're not even aware of it:thumb:

Comment

Glad you like it. Just remember to draw the line when they have a routine that has you super setting kipping pull ups and Olympic snatches against the clock.

Comment

Rado's cheer team. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                        Ever seen a sign that says.

"Leave your EGO outside"

Your arrogance alone defeats you, and you're not even aware of it:thumb:
                        I'm sure there is some truth to your point. But I would also point out that my way has worked pretty well for me. There are more then 1 way to skin a cat.

Comment

When people ask me about crossfit I tell them this in a nut shell:

It works(most routines or routine changes do,diet is 100%), but use your head. Dont go past failure with shitty form no matter what the coachs say. Dont get into a pissing contest. Do it no more than twice a week and keep a good weight lifting routine. If you are gonna do it steer away from the big olympic lift workouts. Do it on days when the workouts are more bodyweight and cardio excercises. DO REAL PULLUPS/chinups even if you cant do as many or as fast as the "crossfitter" Just my 2 cents.

Ive read interview with Rich Froning. It seemed like he gravitated to a traditional weightlifting routine and treated crossfit more like a sport and practiced it once or twice a week until he got close to a comp.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer59 View Post
                            When people ask me about crossfit I tell them this in a nut shell:

It works(most routines or routine changes do,diet is 100%), but use your head. Dont go past failure with shitty form no matter what the coachs say. Dont get into a pissing contest. Do it no more than twice a week and keep a good weight lifting routine. If you are gonna do it steer away from the big olympic lift workouts. Do it on days when the workouts are more bodyweight and cardio excercises. DO REAL PULLUPS/chinups even if you cant do as many or as fast as the "crossfitter" Just my 2 cents.

Ive read interview with Rich Froning. It seemed like he gravitated to a traditional weightlifting routine and treated crossfit more like a sport and practiced it once or twice a week until he got close to a comp.
                            this/\

I'm still going to lift lol...all I said was that I want something different and as physical as bjj...well it'll be crossfit :)

I'm far from a fanatic like most of them are. Will get competitive about it? Well why the hell not? I did with bjj.

Comment

So far it's been great!

Definitely not as easy as most talk shit about it....tons of hotties, wow....I never seen so many women with defined glutes and hammies :P

Comment

Sounds like a blast rado and probably a great thing to do for your health. So it sounds like you are doing regular lifting with cross fit combined, or all crossfit?

Apologies I haven't read all the posts. At the moment I'm coping with lifting 3 x per week and bjj 2 x but I may opt for some cross fit soon. I definitely feel like your crossfit in place off while you are resting from bjj will keep your mat fitness

Comment

Working...
                                X