Mr I - The Comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr I - The Comeback!

So tommorrow I'm getting a lumbar cortisone epidural. I'm a ways improved from months ago but I'm left with a stenosis caused by a disk bulge at L4

The surgeon feels that with this procedure the pain should decrease and the mobility should increase so that with full training enabled and cardio and reduced inflammation brought by the cortisone it could heal in that window of pain free time.

If not I will need the bulge trimmed.

A tumour was also found but that's another matter.

I'm looking to alter my training slightly and anything that causes me to squirm around on a bench in upright position with heavy weights over is out for a while.

I need to protect the area so the belt will be going on tight and ill just get in fixed position. No more heavy dumbell shoulder press for a while, won't be leg pressing beyond 90 degrees or back squatting.

This doesn't mean I won't be working tge stomach and lower back, far from it I will be doing hypers, reverse hypers, lighter deadlifts and probably some low cable pulley rows but I won't be bent rowing 400lbs or deadlifting 600 + for a while. It's about rehabilitation and fitness.

One exercise I will be trying in zercher squats, it apparently takes all the compressive load off the spine and puts a heavy influence on the core stabilisers which sounds beneficial

The Zercher Squat: The Most Underrated Squat? | BoxLife Magazine

Comment

in my thoughts brother. hope it fixes the problem. pain is such a fucken drain.

that tumor thing.. not serious right?

Comment

Not really thinking about that at this point, they'll be biopsy coming up.

Comment

one thing at a time i hear ya. keep updated.

Comment

Watch "Lumbar Epidural Cortisone Injection - Back Pain Shot" on YouTube
            https://youtu.be/auzMquJQRZY

This is the procedure in quick time, I'm fucking excited as grim as it looks if it eventually takes the pain from my leg. No more fucking tablets

Comment

Procedure done.

Now its wait and see time

Comment

Was it easy? Any pain doing it? Needle in the spine right?

Comment

Yeah the anaesthetic is a small needle. Once the area is numbed they put the big one in.

It's not so much painful but you feel the size of it displacing you.

Then once they pumped a the stuff in I went almost deaf and felt a big rush of pressure un the head for 40 seconds.

They put it above the problem so that it drains down the epidural with gravity over time.

Says to wait 7 days then I'm good to exercise. We shall see

Comment

Good luck with everything man. No fun to be in pain.

Comment

Goodluck Mr. I. Get better and get back to lifting man

Comment

Stop your fucking moaning and carrying on and just lift some weight

Comment

Hope it works out for ya.. good luck

Comment

Thanks guys I'm hoping for the best

Comment

Update

48 hours after the procedure

I'm not pain free but it's significantly reduced and appears to be reducing by the day. I've been told not to exercise for 7 days after the procedure so just following orders for now.

So far so good and I would recommend the pricedure

Comment

Working...
                              X