No announcement yet.

Some training tips to avoid injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I did it beast. First set was 30 slow reps with 20lb dbs. Next 3 sets were 15 slow reps with 30lb dbs.

Yes you feel the burn and pump in delts. But oddly I felt a bigger pump in my traps instead of the usual burn mostly just in delts.

When I go parallel to floor is when I really feel that side delt muscle come into play.

So while I agree with you that it works and especially for someone with shoulder issues, I do not agree that it hits the side delts as well as Parallel to floor does.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Ok so I did it beast. First set was 30 slow reps with 20lb dbs. Next 3 sets were 15 slow reps with 30lb dbs.

Yes you feel the burn and pump in delts. But oddly I felt a bigger pump in my traps instead of the usual burn mostly just in delts.

When I go parallel to floor is when I really feel that side delt muscle come into play.

So while I agree with you that it works and especially for someone with shoulder issues, I do not agree that it hits the side delts as well as Parallel to floor does.
      Glad you tried it.:) Feeling the trap can be adjusted and isolated away as you go. For example lift less and push the weight out from your thighs like someone pulling your arms east and west while your arms are pretty much straight.
      you pretty much swing the weight out instead of lifting it. People look at me funny when I say don't lift it. Just swing it. lol :rofl:

I'll make a video next week while I'm doing them and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
        Glad you tried it.:) Feeling the trap can be adjusted and isolated away as you go. For example lift less and push the weight out from your thighs like someone pulling your arms east and west while your arms are pretty much straight.

I'll make a video next week while I'm doing them and post it.
        Yea I kept everything exactly the same as I would doing them parallel to ground. I'm sure there is a specific way to do them just for that type of partial lateral movement. But you didn't explain that I had to do them differently fuck nut. :D

Comment

Yea I kept everything exactly the same as I would doing them parallel to ground. I'm sure there is a specific way to do them just for that type of partial lateral movement. But you didn't explain that I had to do them differently fuck nut. :D
          Not my fault that you couldn't figure it out. :grin:

Comment

I finally had Physio on my shoulder last week. They said either bursitis or some sort of tear.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
              I finally had Physio on my shoulder last week. They said either bursitis or some sort of tear.
              so whats the plan of attack bro?

Comment

so whats the plan of attack bro?
                He gave me a bunch of exercises to do for a week. If no improvement then need to go for ultrasound. I have been doing them for two days and actually feel some improvement already.

Comment

Working...
                X