Rotator cuff getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
    What does the MRI show? Is it something torn? My buddy has a bone spur and he has no intention of doing surgery, the recovery will take a long time. He gets annual cortisone shots and they help.
    It showed degenerative tissue and some tear...not much fluid either.

All the years of heavy lifting for a sammich frame, bjj, etc..has caught up to me, slowly. I was told I needed surgery and I'd be back at 100% BUT also would be out of commission for 6 months, man fuck all that lol.

Comment

If it were me I would try everything I could safely do to avoid surgery. I would start taking deca to increase the synovial fluid, I've been looking into TENS machines and that might help as well as ultrasound, but to get a ultrasound machine strong enough to penetrate deep enough might cost a bit and I would try TB with BPC. Also, cortisone shots might help.

Have you tried going to a physical therapy clinic?

Comment

^ fair point but because I adopted this logic I'm now paralysed from the knee down left side.

It all depends on the current situation

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
          If it were me I would try everything I could safely do to avoid surgery. I would start taking deca to increase the synovial fluid, I've been looking into TENS machines and that might help as well as ultrasound, but to get a ultrasound machine strong enough to penetrate deep enough might cost a bit and I would try TB with BPC. Also, cortisone shots might help.

Have you tried going to a physical therapy clinic?
          I went to physical therapy a few times and stopped, I know foolish of me. My deep tissue massages is what gets me through, but fuck are they costly.

Comment

I mean a cortisone shot would probably take the pain away and would I'm sure be easily accessible on private health insurance. But if you go that route you need to appreciate it's a temporary fix so don't then go and re aggravate it.

Rest is key here not drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
              I mean a cortisone shot would probably take the pain away and would I'm sure be easily accessible on private health insurance. But if you go that route you need to appreciate it's a temporary fix so don't then go and re aggravate it.

Rest is key here not drugs
              Yea the shots are a bandaid, just for now....I do have a complete physics coming up and that is one of things being covered lol...fk me

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                Yea the shots are a bandaid, just for now....I do have a complete physics coming up and that is one of things being covered lol...fk me
                I just want you to appreciate that drugs aren't always the answer

Comment

^ fair point but because I adopted this logic I'm now paralysed from the knee down left side.

It all depends on the current situation
                  Is this temporary or permanent?

Comment

I just want you to appreciate that drugs aren't always the answer
                    I wouldn't but thank you. Drugs are a bandaid, I need a complete fix and I'm sure one day I'll have to give in

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      Is this temporary or permanent?
                      Hopefully the nerve will regenerate.

The point is that because I was so fixated on saving/healing a disk with conservative treatment, and took the advice of "a senior consultant (above a doctor), with all their qualifications" the disk damaged the nerves that supplied to my leg muscles.

This is why when someone says to me "they went to med school I don't nod like a donkey/sheep.

The fuckers from that hospital would have had me waiting another week, just for another consultation let alone an operation. Instead I called bullshit, had them email all the scans etc to a better London hospital while I took myself there racked in pain and admitted myself to the emergency depth. The better consultants there took one look at the can and we're like "holy shit, if we don't operate now you will loose control of bladder, bowel, Sexual function and likely full left leg paralysis. Within three hours of arrival I was being cut open and three hour operation.

The moral of the story, think for yourself and act!

The positive is im almost pain free and just need to recover my left tibialis anterior function.

This would have been alot worse if I hadn't taken control.

Never let yourself be condescended by a doctor

Comment

I wouldn't but thank you. Drugs are a bandaid, I need a complete fix and I'm sure one day I'll have to give in
                        What are the risks in waiting? VS Getting it done while young and healthy for quicker recovery?

Comment

What are the risks in waiting? VS Getting it done while young and healthy for quicker recovery?
                          Can't argue your question lol fk

It's just mental, all mental. I'd be out for 6 months minimum but hey, it'd be leg day ED:grin:I'd get my tree trunks back and need new clothes ha...

Comment

Can't argue your question lol fk

It's just mental, all mental. I'd be out for 6 months minimum but hey, it'd be leg day ED:grin:I'd get my tree trunks back and need new clothes ha...
                            All I'm saying is that as rough as it's been physically, being the positive guy I am. I look upon it that I'm glad I had it now where there's a good chance of full recovery. If it was in another 10-15 years maybe harder also congratulate myself for having the assertiveness to call bullshit and get second opinion better treatment

Comment

Working...
                            X