No announcement yet.

Ron Coleman Greatest Lifts Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought of it like that. Total weight lifted in the form of reps over time. Good shit Mr I.

Comment

Yeah the reality is the opposite of what people think. All these other strength athletes are smart, they are athletes (the successful ones), athletics of any description are about performing a movement not showing a physique. Totally different logic.

If you want to excel in a movement you practice the technique over and over and over so it becomes second nature muscle memory. You can't practice something over and over if you're getting injured. Sure it happens now and again and they may max out or close two once in the off season but that's about it, they want to peak for competition and can't afford micro tears or ligaments and tendons to not be at 100%.

Best example is Michael Johnson legendary 400 m runner. He would train at 50-75 % all through the off season and onky ever run at 100% on event day, precisely so that he avoided injury and the technique became so down pat ingrained from such regular practice that on the day he just had to turn on the turbos.

I trained with Benni once, we trained deadlift, over about 7 sets the maximum he pulled was about 400 lb and that was only for 3 reps, then o followed him fucking about on cables and shit. Nothing heavy abd nothing to failure. And this guy still holds the RAW deadlift WR Watch "Benedikt Magnusson -1015 Deadlift - Ronnie Coleman Classic - RAW" on YouTube
      https://youtu.be/5M13EBl_jF0

Comment

Ronnie coleman seemed to be struggling with the 165's or whatever they were on military. Isn't that what you were doing Mr. I? His military seemed pretty weak compared to all his other lifts.

Comment

Originally posted by epix00 View Post
          Ronnie coleman seemed to be struggling with the 165's or whatever they were on military. Isn't that what you were doing Mr. I? His military seemed pretty weak compared to all his other lifts.
          I've shoulder pressed 176 lb ers and incline benched 200s epix

But that is irrelevant. Those clips of Ronnie were taken in actual training where he waa going full tilt at everything and he does alot more warm up sets and has way better workout strength endurance. The point is I would have only gone real heavy on one day per week. That fucker would squat,dead, bent row, bench all maxed out in the same week in one way or another and then shoulder press heavy. Waaaay different ball game and he was doing not far off that week in week out. I'd periodise my doses my food and my weights within a certain range.

Comment

wonder how ron would have done in WSM or powerlifting had he not been a bodybuilder. prob very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              wonder how ron would have done in WSM or powerlifting had he not been a bodybuilder. prob very well.
              Bro he was a powerlifter for a short time before he got majored in bb

yes if he had of continued probably world class.

Strongman it not so sure. None of those guys have small joints so important to bodybuilding

Not even Mariusz

Comment

Watch "Ronnie Coleman's First Power Lifting Competition" on YouTube
                https://youtu.be/BuzeyFIYMSM

Comment

I didn't realize WSM was so much different from powerlifting but what your saying makes a lot of sense.

Glad your taking the time to post more details about things. I've never agreed with people who wanted you off the site in the past because I always knew you had a ton to offer as a member. Your proving my point now more than ever I think.

That injury has made you a better person all around I think. Good stuff brother.

Comment

Ferrigno and Franco columbo were 2 other bodybuilders that I can think of that were also strong as fuck.

Ferrigno was probably more WSM cause of the height. Franco probably more powerlifter no?

Comment

Bro they both competed in WSM - I can't believe you don't know that. Yeah back then guys did everything. Even Arnold competed power lifting as a junior and eventually deadlift ed over 700 lbs strong deadlift

Comment

What gets me is that Ronnie is benching heavy here but not major heavy. Yet he still has a huge chest and tris and shoulders. That's genetics. So was it training heavier that made him jump up the placings ? I don't know Watch "The Coleman Chronicles- Vintage Unseen Ronnie Coleman Powerlifting" on YouTube
                        https://youtu.be/4CKDmSfwLpY

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                          Bro they both competed in WSM - I can't believe you don't know that. Yeah back then guys did everything. Even Arnold competed power lifting as a junior and eventually deadlift ed over 700 lbs strong deadlift
                          No I remember. Franco bending bars over his head with a towel on top of head for protection. They got rid of that cause guys were tearing biceps left and right. Can't imagine it was good for the neck either.

I just meant that if ferrigno had only competed in WSM he probably would have been right up there. Franco probably not cause he was so little but powerlifting probably for his weight.

Comment

I've shoulder pressed 176 lb ers and incline benched 200s epix

But that is irrelevant. Those clips of Ronnie were taken in actual training where he waa going full tilt at everything and he does alot more warm up sets and has way better workout strength endurance. The point is I would have only gone real heavy on one day per week. That fucker would squat,dead, bent row, bench all maxed out in the same week in one way or another and then shoulder press heavy. Waaaay different ball game and he was doing not far off that week in week out. I'd periodise my doses my food and my weights within a certain range.
                            Oh trust me I realize this. Some of those PR lifts were done on the same day as each other, like the squat and the leg press. I wasn't taking anything away from ronnie.

Comment

Bro he was a powerlifter for a short time before he got majored in bb

yes if he had of continued probably world class.

Strongman it not so sure. None of those guys have small joints so important to bodybuilding

Not even Mariusz
                              I was going to bring up regarding the injuries of ronnie that part of it could be because he is more of an ecto/meso vs mariusz being a pure meso which could contribute to injuries as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X