Deadlifts for leg growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piratex View Post
    Legs twice a week is a great idea. I'm also focusing more on ass to grass squats. I've read where guy's have had great success on growth by doing so instead of the standard squats.
    Ass to grass squats present a lot of pressure and stress on your hip flexors. I would stretch them out before and not focus on going too heavy on the bar. Try experimenting with the sissy squat bar as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      It'll help with hamstrings but it's more a back/core exercise IMO.

Do you have a hack squat machine? Single best leg exercise IMO.
      This...

Comment

A2G squats fuck my knees up but I think it is my long femur length compared to my lower leg and spine so I avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
          A2G squats fuck my knees up but I think it is my long femur length compared to my lower leg and spine so I avoid them.
          I've tried a2g in the past and I liked doing them. I don't know why I quit but will be starting back tomorrow. I feel like I come out of the hole quicker & stronger doing a2g compared to average squats.

Comment

The thing about range of motion is, everyone has a different range of motion.

Whatever the exercise and whether it be machine or freeweight, you should go by feel and not force yourself to follow someone else. Learn your own body and think about the muscle you are trying to train.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              It'll help with hamstrings but it's more a back/core exercise IMO.

Do you have a hack squat machine? Single best leg exercise IMO.
              Bouncer I started out with hacks yesterday going deep & pretty heavy then moved to leg presses but yeah that was my first time starting with hacks and man do I feel it..Thanks for the tip. For now on I've got to have hacks in my workout.:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X