2nd go round (please critique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
    So here is where I get a bit confused and I know it's a double edge sword when I'm trying to accomplish two separate goals. Macros for maintenance is 225lbs x 15=3375 calories. With the added retention of water and creatine should I keep my macros at 500 under maintenance, keep them right at 3375 or something else. Keep in mind cardio will also be included 4-5 times a week. Macros is what's throwing me off

And to answer the other question, this will be my first go round with anything over 200mg a week.
    and forgot about creatine usage, yea water to come for sure.

numbers like you're posting, is something I don't do, sorry. Scrum is pretty good with this kind of stuff. im the wrong guy to ask if you want to speak numbers.(logging macros and such)

Comment

Thanks bro, anyone else feel free to chime in on the macros parts

Comment

Thanks bro, anyone else feel free to chime in on the macros parts
        give it a few days. some of these asshats around here actually do have a life/job:thumup:

but anytime:agreed:

Comment

Test every 5 days = more even blood level. 7-10 days test levels will up and down. Adex recommendation is for water retention.

And yes erod I don't really do macros either. I experimented over the years to find what works for me. I never counted cals like that.

Comment

okay so taking all in account, test, creatine, cardio, and volume triaining
            what should I be shooting for weight loss wise weekly? when is it to much of a loss and cals need to be upped?

Comment

i really don't know bro. i always just went by the mirror and adjusted accordingly. always seemed easy to me. you just look in the mirror and adjust month to month. always worked for me. people make things difficult when there is no need. i know it's not the answer your looking for but I'm only going by my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                i always just went by the mirror and adjusted accordingly..
                :agreed:agreed

Comment

okay I'll just go on a week to week basis and see if the weight loss is not to extreme

Comment

okay I'll just go on a week to week basis and see if the weight loss is not to extreme
                    And weigh yourself once a week; soon as you get up and piss/shit

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                      And weigh yourself once a week; soon as you get up and piss/shit
                      that can fuck with some peoples head. they see the scale dropping fast and say oh fuck im getting skinny. meanwhile if they'd only go by the mirror they'd see they look better. the scale can be blamed on many permabulker types. they like saying "yea im 250lbs brah" meanwhile they have tits love handles and a gut...

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        that can fuck with some peoples head. they see the scale dropping fast and say oh fuck im getting skinny. meanwhile if they'd only go by the mirror they'd see they look better. the scale can be blamed on many permabulker types. they like saying "yea im 250lbs brah" meanwhile they have tits love handles and a gut...
                        He's fixated on it right now. This will help him gauge what weight(the scale) on him looks like...this IMO is crucial. Knowing what you look like at different weights. Then find your sweet spot.

IMO once you've mastered your body or at least to some extent, let the mirror be your guide. It'll be your best and worst friend.

Comment

It's obvious I need to lose weight, and I will use both the scale and the mirror. What I was trying to figure out is, is there a point while on gear were there is loosing to much weight in a week? If I'm dropping over 3lbs a week, should that be a concern for example?

Comment

It's obvious I need to lose weight, and I will use both the scale and the mirror. What I was trying to figure out is, is there a point while on gear were there is loosing to much weight in a week? If I'm dropping over 3lbs a week, should that be a concern for example?
                            Not at all. When I competed I would drop the most in the very beginning and then again at the end (pulling water). Dropping much less the time in between. I would expect to see you drop that kind of weight in the beginning if your diet is very strict.

Comment

Thanks Chad, yep for the next 16 weeks it will be nothing but chicken, fish, lean red meat, eggs, oats, jasmine rice, ff greek yogurt, ff cottage cheese, almonds and green veggies. minimum gallon of water a day

Comment

Working...
                              X