HIT cardiovascular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIT cardiovascular

How many times a week do I need to do it to improve cardiovascular fitness, 3?

I don't know much about HIT bro. I've always just done 30 min fast walking pace with a slight incline PWO 5 days a week. Keeps body fat down and I assume helps with cardiovascular health as well. That plus fish oil. I truly believe it has major benefits especially in Steroid users.

Might want to think about doing elipicticle instead of treadmill, might be better on the foot thing.

Sorry I couldn't help more with your exact question.

Comment

I'm currently using spin bike; 5 minutes warm up then 5-8 × 30 seconds hard 30 seconds easy then 5 minutes warm down then some fast treadmill walking

Comment

Before my knee issues I did quite a bit of HITT. I would do a 5 minute warm up jog then all out sprint for 1 minute followed by a 1 minute recovery job for a total of 20 minutes. Worked wonders for me and takes a bit getting used to especially if you carry a lot of mass. I'm sure you'd be able to incorporate it on a elliptical or bike.

Comment

Thanks that sounds hardcore but I definitely want to be more cardiovascular fit

Comment

You can also do some good HITT with hills, stadium steps (If you have a local pitch around), and speed jump ropes

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
              You can also do some good HITT with hills, stadium steps (If you have a local pitch around), and speed jump ropes
              No

I have a drop foot issue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                No

I have a drop foot issue
                Did that come from the surgery? I remember before the surgery you were doing inversion table and stuff like that and I don't remember you talking about the drop foot issue, you just talked about the pain. I guess what I'm asking is, did they fuck up your foot and if so shouldn't they owe you some kind of fix or compensation or something.

Comment

You can design a hit routine around rowing if lower body is an issue. Do they have rowing machines at your gym?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    Did that come from the surgery? I remember before the surgery you were doing inversion table and stuff like that and I don't remember you talking about the drop foot issue, you just talked about the pain. I guess what I'm asking is, did they fuck up your foot and if so shouldn't they owe you some kind of fix or compensation or something.
                    The drop door came on about 10 days before they did the operation, basically because the root nerve coming our from the spine got crushed for 7 months between a disk herniating sideways and the vertebra.

The operation took the compression/crush away but the nerve had been crushed more and more for 7 months.

If you stand on a hose pipe for 1 minute, take your door off it will probably run fine. Stand on it for 7 months ...

There is an argument I could mount against the first hospital for not acting quick enough. But in a way I can understand them not wanting to rush to cut me open.

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
                      You can design a hit routine around rowing if lower body is an issue. Do they have rowing machines at your gym?
                      Cycling , eliptical is fine. I can treadmill walk at 4mph no problem but running gets a little tricky and I'd need to run to get my heart rate to HIT levels. At 6 ft and 250lb 4mph gets me to about 135bpm that's not enough contrast.

Basically I want to get my heart fitter and strinfer all indications are that ahort hit is the way to go.

To an extent one can argue weight lifting is hit. It's all out then rest, the ball our again.

Bouncer does his weights then 30 mins steady cardiovascular which is probably a reasonable contrast for maintaining

Comment

Would you be able to handle a stair master? As big as you are I'm sure when you get to level 7 or 8 you'll be huffing. Again high intensity for about 30 seconds and drop down to recover for 30, rinse and repeat

Comment

Yes if I can find one ha

Comment

If you do, do 5 minutes of warm up to get your heart rate up to the 130's
                            then hit hard for 30, recover for 30. It will take a while to get used to and I know 30 seconds doesn't sound like much but after 20 minutes youll be knackered

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X