Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workout program critique- overtraining? need adjustments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR3N View Post
    thats not right at all.

you gotta squat / bench twice a week for optimal strength gains and technique improvements. the heavy day you go with 75-85% of your 1RM for 2-5 reps, and on the light days you stay at 60-70% of 1RM for sets of 5-8 reps to improve technique.
    Multiple ways to skin a cat. If your way works for you great. Not what I would do.

You think Flex Wheeler trained with the same routine or style as Dorian Yates? Can you really say either of them were wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Multiple ways to skin a cat. If your way works for you great. Not what I would do.

You think Flex Wheeler trained with the same routine or style as Dorian Yates? Can you really say either of them were wrong?
      Right. But you told OP that squatting >1x week would lead to overtraining. I just wanted to prove you wrong.

Also OP you need hell of a lot more posterior chain work (hamstring, glutes, lowerback)

Comment

Originally posted by TR3N View Post
        Right. But you told OP that squatting >1x week would lead to overtraining. I just wanted to prove you wrong.

Also OP you need hell of a lot more posterior chain work (hamstring, glutes, lowerback)
        My personal opinion especially for a natty is that if you kill legs once a week that is all you need to grow.

Comment

Working...
        X