Back injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back injury

I've been nursing a back injury from squatting for a week now. It was my fourth set first rep 315lb. Squatted down and felt a very warn sensation about the size of a gulf ball in the center of my lower back where my spine ends at the top of my ass crack so I stopped squatting right then. It wasn't bad at all at the time so I went to leg presses & did five sets. The next day I could barely fucking walk and sitting in this chair at the computer was impossible. Feel much better now so I started back yesterday. It seems like every now & then when I squat heavy weight [to me 315's heavy. lol] I fuckin screw up somehow & get injured. I'm sure its because of my form so I'm thinking I need to video my squat at that weight to help get it corrected. So screw my back up again to learn how not to screw it up again. lol[whatever] I love squatting I really do so I may just have to stick with lighter weight unless I can learn something from a video.

kill the squats for awhile. Dorian never did squats and neither do i. its not the right movement for some body types. you absolutely do not need them to have great legs.

Comment

Yea agree with Bouncer on the stop squatting for awhile... I use to squat 315 plus, but I don't anymore... Now it's 240 for 6 reps...
      Jefferson squats/ leg press will make nice gainz on legs as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hack squats ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Hack squats ftw!
          I fucking hate those... they kill my knees

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Hack squats ftw!
            Best movement right here son :thumup:

Comment

Sound's like L5 S1 disc

Hopefully resolves with time

Comment

Thanks. I'll stick with leg presses, hacks & lunges. I do get a lot from these as well but you guys are right. If I keep getting injured why do it.

Comment

Working...
                X