1 rep max for bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Androman View Post
    335lbs x 2 @ 205 I was taking Test And anadrol, that's when I was into powerlifting. I don't lift heavy anymore, I enjoy high reps and getting a nice tight pump.

Deadlift 465 x 2
    Squats 475 x 3
    Same bw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    good shit

Comment

A loooong time ago, my 1 rep max was 295 at 155 lbs. My deadlift is still up on the wall at a local gym: 405 lbs in the 150 lb wt class.

That shit would crush me now, LOL.

Comment

people still flat bench?

Comment

Incline DB's only for me.

Comment

235lbs at 138lb BW about 4 years ago. I stopped doing things like 1RMs and my joints really thanked me for it.

Comment

Yea in the army I did 250lbs @ 140lbs.... long long time ago

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                Incline DB's only for me.
                Why that?

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  people still flat bench?
                  LMAO if your in high school and dont know better. or a power lifter you have to

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    Why that?

cuz flat bench does nothing for the looks. besides the shoulder injury potential.
                    act like you are holding the flat bar and push out while flexing.
                    now do the same thing but as you are pushing touch your hands together like you had Dbells. notice the flex is 1000% better.
                    if your are a body builder there is no reason to do flat bench at all. only person that should do a flat bench is a power lifter and only cuz you have to

Comment

I disagree. With the flat bench I get a better look as far as mass on my chest and I do feel a pump... It's how you have your hands position is the key and yes I do position myself as a power lifter.... This is the only flat bench exercise I do for chest... Then I go and do incline dumbell, dumbell flys, pullovers and then my isolations.. I don't like doing flat dumbell press... the average gym rat don't know how to bench these days.. they don't even know what retracting a scapula means

Last edited by boricuarage79; 07-20-17, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                        I disagree. With the flat bench I get a better look as far as mass on my chest and I do feel a pump... It's how you have your hands position is the key and yes I do position myself as a power lifter.... This is the only flat bench exercise I do for chest... Then I go and do incline dumbell, dumbell flys, pullovers and then my isolations.. I don't like doing flat dumbell press... the average gym rat don't know how to bench these days.. they don't even know what retracting a scapula means

I can agree with very lil people know how to bench including a power lifter all that back stuff is just silly.

Comment

I haven't used a barbell for chest in over 15 years. Dumbbells only. Flat/incline press and flys. I don't go any less than 8-10 reps. I did 115 lb dumbells for 10 reps this week. I'm sure I can go a lot higher but just don't want to risk injury.

Comment

Back when I was in my 30s most I ever pushed was 285 for a single rep. Of course I was all natty. I have no need or desire for that kind of weight any more.

Comment

Very rarely do flat bench. It puts a lot of tension on my shoulders (especially left shoulder). Lots of incline bench on the smith, BB, and DB.
                              I was happy to incline 125 for a set of 4 the other week

Comment

Drop set @ 310. 5/4/3 don't know my max.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X