time in gym???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time in gym???

I spend about and hour and half in the gym 5-6 days a week, wondering what everyone else does?

About 2hrs total. But this includes our outside run of 3 to 4 miles which is 25mns or less for cardio.

I don't judge it based on time. However longs it takes us to get done.

Comment

Weights alone about 45 minutes 4 times a week. Add in cardio which I do for 30 minutes immediately after weight training and that's an hour an 15 minutes give or take.

Comment

Not even saying how long my time in the gym is, I don't want 2 go through that agan but 2 hr is about the least amount of time. I may over train but I don't think I do I mostly work a Surge Newbert style routine, not allways and its loose. Meaning light and long 4 a few weeks then mixed with heavy a few weeks. It's also broken down into 3 parts, streching, weight, cardio.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
          Not even saying how long my time in the gym is, I don't want 2 go through that agan but 2 hr is about the least amount of time. I may over train but I don't think I do I mostly work a Surge Newbert style routine, not allways and its loose. Meaning light and long 4 a few weeks then mixed with heavy a few weeks. It's also broken down into 3 parts, streching, weight, cardio.

When people ask about time in gym they aren't asking how much time you spend stretching or between sets etc.. they are asking how much time you spend lifting and/or doing cardio.

Comment

45 minutes 4 times a week. No need for anymore or any less for me. I'm not including cardio because I don't do that in the gym.

Comment

2 hours is the least amount? Curious how much time is included in stretching and cardio?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                2 hours is the least amount? Curious how much time is included in stretching and cardio?
                15ish strech, 20 to 30 ish cardio when I'm trying to cut the fat or i eat crap, more cardio. But like I say my w/o is lose. Core and abs r interchanged with cardio some days. Some days I just don't cardio, but u still get cardio with the surge style. I cought so much shit last I said how long my w/o was but I almost have a baseball team of kids and I love them all like crazy; but I love being at the gym it's an escape. I may over train too? It's calm at the gym compared 2 my house. That may sound bad but I'm a better dad beacuse of the gym and I don't think some of the guys understood that aspect when I was catching it 4 gym time. Hope it helps.

Comment

I use to do 3 hours!! That's was plain stupid IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    When people ask about time in gym they aren't asking how much time you spend stretching or between sets etc.. they are asking how much time you spend lifting and/or doing cardio.
                    Thnx Bouncer, my w/o is so irregular I'm not the person to answer this sort of question. Chad listen 2 Bouncer and others on this.

Comment

I normally get an hour in lifting 5 days a week.. I'm on a 3 day routine... so...chest...arms...back n shoulders. I work legs in every day.Then I get cardio in at least 3 days a week that's normally about 45 min. Weights are normally done at lunch time and the other right after work. If I don't get all the leg work in I will finish it up in the afternoon before cardio. I don't have a dedicated leg day as an hour of solid legs is too much on the knees ankles for me..so I get in about 15 min at the end of my work out each day..It works for me..

Comment

15ish strech, 20 to 30 ish cardio when I'm trying to cut the fat or i eat crap, more cardio. But like I say my w/o is lose. Core and abs r interchanged with cardio some days. Some days I just don't cardio, but u still get cardio with the surge style. I cought so much shit last I said how long my w/o was but I almost have a baseball team of kids and I love them all like crazy; but I love being at the gym it's an escape. I may over train too? It's calm at the gym compared 2 my house. That may sound bad but I'm a better dad beacuse of the gym and I don't think some of the guys understood that aspect when I was catching it 4 gym time. Hope it helps.

I get what you're saying. I have 4 kids and the gym is my escape too. I'm also a better dad because of it. Thankfully my wife also understands that and supports my gym and soccer time.

Comment

Working...
                        X