Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried something diffrent today

So today was a chest day..

went to barbell flat bench. only used 135 lbs for entire routine. Quick sets limited brake time between sets.
    3x 20
    3x7 (negatives) Hold real slow all the way to chest, then push up fast
    3x15
    3x5 negatives
    3x 10
    3x3 negatives

Had one hell of a pump going from that light weight& negs, then went and hit the machines and finished up with my normal routine . I haven't done negs in a while.. gonna have to start working them in every other week..pump was crazy. Enjoyed it:agreed:

good shit rip.

allow me to be the boring words of wisdom guy for a second since steroids are pretty new to you.

your strength and energy in the gym will continue to go up. your muscles will get stronger much faster then your tendons and ligaments. dont make the mistake of going in head first and doing a nose dive right onto the doorstep of injury.

not that what you did today was wrong in any way, just making a general point. its very easy to get injured on steroids because your muscles become stronger then the "frame and bolts". bit like throwing a 1000hp engine into a car made of legos.

Comment

He only did 135... That's a warm up set... I don't think he will get Injured unless he weighs 50 pounds and never lifted

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
        He only did 135... That's a warm up set... I don't think he will get Injured unless he weighs 50 pounds and never lifted

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
        That's why I made a point to say "in general" and wasn't talking specifically about what he said he just did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          good shit rip.

allow me to be the boring words of wisdom guy for a second since steroids are pretty new to you.

your strength and energy in the gym will continue to go up. your muscles will get stronger much faster then your tendons and ligaments. dont make the mistake of going in head first and doing a nose dive right onto the doorstep of injury.

not that what you did today was wrong in any way, just making a general point. its very easy to get injured on steroids because your muscles become stronger then the "frame and bolts". bit like throwing a 1000hp engine into a car made of legos.

Exactly why I did it with light weights bro. I don't do " heavy" and that's a relitive term here. I'm well aware of tendons n joints from when I was younger. I always go light n lots of sets. I just threw in negatives today and did flat barbell instead of dumbbells...It was a good change and a great work out with minimal risk:D

Comment

Personally where I'm at right now I won't push anything over 80 lb dumbbells or 225 on a flat bench(rare I do that) Normally I work up on dumbbells to just 75 lbs and try for 4 sets of 15. I normally come up a few short on the 4th set though...Lol. then I work down again...Then hit hammer machines.I just don't need todo heavy nothing for me to gain. Once in a while"blue moon" if I feel froggy I'll go on the Smith machine and put a little weight on it. Reduces chance of injury.. but I really don't bother much. I don't have anything to prove.

Comment

Working...
            X