Do not neglect this muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not neglect this muscle

I see alot of people @ my gym neglect posterior deltoids(rear). In fact I seen no one hit rear delts. I was a victim myself up to about a year ago.

Theres a couple reasons, firstly you don't want overdeveloped front delts compared to rear delts you'll develop that ugly caveman/slouched look. Also it leads you more prone to injury.

So with that being said ; make sure to hit your back extra hard if you're doing a functioning of pushing/pressing, even if its light weight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Many people don't truly train right.

Comment

Do not neglect this muscle

On shoulder day I always start with rear delts then side delts then do a pressing movement. This has definitely improved my shoulders. Then out of nowhere I’ll reverse it and start with a press, side, rear.
      Same with chest I always start with an incline movement because upper chest can take some time to build up.

Sent from The Iron Pile

Comment

IMO lagging body parts should be done first because when you execute the major parts in the beginning you don't want to do the lagging parts at the end..

I use to start off with rear delts myself or incorporate them during back days

Comment

ive always trained rear delts. reverse pec dec machine hits them perfectly. most back movements hit them as well. rows specifically.

Comment

People don't know how to use the reverse deck properly....

Most of the time I seem do it with there elbows pointing down.

Elbows should be even with the plane of your back, while keeping your arms slightly bent.*

You should also feel the traps as well...

I prefer seated rear dumbell raises

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
              People don't know how to use the reverse deck properly....

Most of the time I seem do it with there elbows pointing down.

Elbows should be even with the plane of your back, while keeping your arms slightly bent.*

You should also feel the traps as well...

I prefer seated rear dumbell raises

the type of pec dec machine i'm talking about would be impossable to keep elbows down. i know the machine you are talking about though, the one that has pads for your forearms when your doing pecs. i'm talking about the one that's just 2 grips with no pads. hard to explain but its different from the standard pec dec. I'll see if i can find a pic so people know what the hell i'm talking about. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                the type of pec dec machine i'm talking about would be impossable to keep elbows down. i know the machine you are talking about though, the one that has pads for your forearms when your doing pecs. i'm talking about the one that's just 2 grips with no pads. hard to explain but its different from the standard pec dec. I'll see if i can find a pic so people know what the hell i'm talking about. lol
                That is the one I'm talking about

Comment

I hate the ones with the pads.... seriously that shit is injury prone

Comment

here we go. the first pic is the type of pec dec i'm talking about. it's perfect for rear delts. the second pic is the tradition type of pec dec and no good for rear delts.

you have to keep your arms extended out on the type i'm talking about. i use it for both pecs and rear delts, i dont like the pec dec machine in the second pec and never use it for anything.

Comment

haha, yea you posted before me. you got it bro. thats the one that i like.

Comment

We got both at the gym, but the second one we don't even have the handles...

Just the pads...

Yea it's the lifefitness one

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                          I hate the ones with the pads.... seriously that shit is injury prone

That's the only machine I use for my rear delts.

Otherwise I get them on back days

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X