Been working towards 100lb dumbells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been working towards 100lb dumbells

Finally felt confortable enough to do it and feel I wouldn't be pushing it. been hitting 90s and 95s for a while able to get sets of 10 to 12 with 90s and 10s with 95s. Figured Id be good at 6 to 8 with the 100s

warmed up with

50x15x3
    75 x 15 x3
    85 x 12 x2
    90x 10 x 2
    100x6 x3
    100x4x2
    then worked back down to
    75 x10 x3
    65 x 10 x3
    50 x 12 x3

then hit machines to finish up chest..

next goal...120s.... :weights::weights:

https://youtu.be/DCJxkY-5tr8

Impressive. You're way stronger than most of the juiced up guys on this board.

Comment

Good shit bro...fuck yeah....

Comment

good shit rip. personally i would not work back down with the lighter weight. just do your warm up sets like you did and work up to your heaviest. no need to pyramid and go back down with low weight.

Comment

Watch the volume with heavier weights, trust me.

I do the 120lb DBs for 3 sets of 8....sometimes 10.

But ever since I ripped my pec, I don't usually go heavier than that.

Comment

yea agree with rado. rip i'm telling you, you are going to get injured bro. you aren't listening to what I told you about deca. it makes you crazy strong but it does not protect you from injury.

it's cool that you are getting stronger and I know that feels great but you get a major injury at your age it's all over bro. not trying to piss on the party, just be careful.

ask beast what a major pec injury will do to you.

Comment

Good stuff Lip! Like everyone else said just be careful.

I go up to 125 but haven't gone over. The next jump is 135. Sure I could do them but that little voice in the back of my head tells me not to! lol I never listened to the voice before but maybe it's because I'm getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser View Post
                Impressive. You're way stronger than most of the juiced up guys on this board.
                That's because he is all juiced up! lol Lip went to the dark side with AAS just like B did with guns!

Comment

Wack.. Shit form

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    good shit rip. personally i would not work back down with the lighter weight. just do your warm up sets like you did and work up to your heaviest. no need to pyramid and go back down with low weight.
                    It gives me a crazy good pump though bro..love working for the pump

Comment

Just fucking with you!![emoji3][emoji3] stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                        It gives me a crazy good pump though bro..love working for the pump
                        Deload days for pumps.. domt listen to B

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          yea agree with rado. rip i'm telling you, you are going to get injured bro. you aren't listening to what I told you about deca. it makes you crazy strong but it does not protect you from injury.

it's cool that you are getting stronger and I know that feels great but you get a major injury at your age it's all over bro. not trying to piss on the party, just be careful.

ask beast what a major pec injury will do to you.
                          I'm only doing 125 of deca, bro, just for the joint relief, I cant believe that little amount is gonna make me strong. but what it has done for me is allow my hands to grip them dumbells like I need to. that's what was holding me back, the pain of trying to hold the dumbells.I couldn't control them with the arthritis. Ive been working with the 90s and 95s for a while now. I'm very comfortable doing higher sets with the 90s in the 10 12 range x 3 easy.. and because of that, I felt if I can do that and was comfortable with it, Id be good on short sets with the 100's

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                            Good stuff Lip! Like everyone else said just be careful.

I go up to 125 but haven't gone over. The next jump is 135. Sure I could do them but that little voice in the back of my head tells me not to! lol I never listened to the voice before but maybe it's because I'm getting older.
                            I totally get that little voice bro..I do listen to him a lot and I don't do anything I'm not very comfortable with.. :weights:

Comment

that's exactly what it does. deca masks underlieing issues. any injuries are still there. it's not repaired. so what will happen is you wont't feel those injuries until something fails ie joint destruction, tendon tear, muscle tear etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X