Walking or Jogging at the same BPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking or Jogging at the same BPM

Which will burn more calories, or is it the same...

For example, say someone's 70% max heartrate is 140 BPM.

Is it better to walk at a speed where their heart rate is 140 BPM, or is it better to job at a speed where their heart rate is 140BPM

What kind of diet are you on?

Comment

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Whether it be a ketogenic diet, low cal diet, or a 4000 calorie bulking diet, it shouldn't matter. All variables in this "scenario" are controlled except for the speed of the runner/walker.

Comment

Hmm, that's kind of a silly question, if you can get to that HR by walking, as soon as you start to jog the HR will increase.

If your HR is the same it will burn the same amount of cals, but when you are at 70 % it is in theory supposed to tap into your fat stores, you need at least 30 min to get that fat moving.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D.
          Hmm, that's kind of a silly question, if you can get to that HR by walking, as soon as you start to jog the HR will increase.

If your HR is the same it will burn the same amount of cals, but when you are at 70 % it is in theory supposed to tap into your fat stores, you need at least 30 min to get that fat moving.
          ??? I think you misread the question. The heart rate is not changing in the two scenarios. One is walking at 140, the other is jogging at 140.

Comment

I think that was J.D.'s point if the heart rate is the same it doesn't make a differance what you doing.

Comment

Working...
            X