Glutes that look like a shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glutes that look like a shelf

I have always had a rear end that girls loved to grab on to. I credit most of it to my years as a pitcher and the fact that I do a lot of lunges. It has been affectionately nicknamed 'The Shelf'' as in you could set a beer on it.

However, as I have gotten older, I feel it does not have that same 'rise up out of my jeans' look that it used to.

When I do lunges, the lower portion of the gluteus maximus gets really sore. Anyone have any good exercises and sets/reps that you do them in for working the portion that rises up and away from the lower back? I guess that would be the top portion of the glutes.

Deadlifts and Squats :)

Comment

Find yourself a gym with a glute-ham raise, they aren't too common, in fact aside from my gym I have never seen one. But check out the Westside Barbell web site, there is one on there if you need a pic or an idea as to what one is.

Comment

oh yeah, and that leg machine where you sit, and there are pads on your knees and ankles and you push outwards? that excersize give a nice lil lift.

Comment

One word.....Squats. BSH

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyBoy
            oh yeah, and that leg machine where you sit, and there are pads on your knees and ankles and you push outwards? that excersize give a nice lil lift.
            I think your talking about an leg abduction machine. I believe that BSULFTR is talking about having your leg do a donkey kick motion. If your gym has a smith machine then you can get some sort of pad and put it on the ground there. Bring the bar all the way down. Get down on all fours with the bar behind you (probably facing outward from the machine would be most comfortable) place the bottom part of your toe and push up.

Comment

personally I like lunges.

Comment

Glute ham raises off the floor if you don't have the bench to do it on. It works in conjunction, the glutes, hamstrings and calves. You will never find a more humbling exercise.

Comment

Working...
                X