muscles in a fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscles in a fight

does having arm muscles have anything to with how hard you punch? just wondering thanx

Not to much. It comes from the shoulder and hips.

Comment

Re: muscles in a fight

Originally posted by scotirishamrock
      does having arm muscles have anything to with how hard you punch? just wondering thanx
      that involves alot more than that. test any boxers punching power and its like 5x's stronger than normal. it takes all kinds of things combined. muscles are as important as technique.
      Last edited by Bouncer; 08-17-03, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Yes technique has the most to do with how hard you can hit. Then it comes down to what your trying to do with your hit.

Comment

You're serratus anterior is the primary muscle used to extend the arm in a punching motion.

Comment

It's a lot of technique....like any other compound movement, it depends on the principal of "sequential summation of force"....this means that the movement builds power as it transfers through it's various phases, starting from the legs, through the core/trunk, then the shoulder...finishing with the triceps. Naturally, being stronger helps....but just like in the gym, muscle fiber recruitment is higher when you have trained your neural pathways to execute the punch with the proper technique.

Comment

Its all about body momentum and form.

Comment

why do you ask by the way? May be able to give you a better answer for the real question. Don't worry about getting flamed. We'll keep it serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                  Yes technique has the most to do with how hard you can hit. Then it comes down to what your trying to do with your hit.
                  That is why go with pepper spray and cheap shots.:D Pepper sprayem then beat the living shit out of em.:agree:

Comment

technique is more than anything, I have literally split peoples heads open with one shot

Comment

I'm with Speedy,punch 'em in the balls and kick 'em around a bit. Haha.

Comment

i think it all depends on how u punch, Some puch with force, some swing, some jab, and some use the bodyweight as help. I think having big forarms and heavy knuckles does the trick. Well thats how i used to knock out people before and the fuckers wouldnt get up.:mad:

Comment

I have heard strong triceps help but its more in technique (sp)

Comment

Yah, I would think it would have to be technique mostly to...but also raw power...look at Tyson back in the day.

Comment

Technique aside, if you take 2 guys who share equal technique, the guy who's muscles hold the faster/stronger contraction will win. This doesnt mean that if you lift weights you will be faster by default. You have to lift with a certain technique, train for speed if you will. This is totally not always the same thing as training for mass though, although it will yield limited results in that department. Boxers train for both plyometrics and endurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X