Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Carbs should I eat?

:)
    Which are the best Carbs to eat? My plan at the moment to gain weight is 30% protein and 70% carbs. At work it is difficult to get the right food to eat. Any suggestions?

:D

And 0% fat? Goodluck gaining and staying healthy without fat.

Comment

you should fix it, you should at LEAST get 20% fat, i prefer 30% fat, 30% protein and 40% carbs for weight gain. Get your carbs from low GI sources, most of the fats should be polyunsaturated. Never ever ever ever forgett having fats in your diet. those are KEY to adding musclemass.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
        And 0% fat? Goodluck gaining and staying healthy without fat.
        Thanks Yellow, your input was extremely valuable...NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I am new at this, hence the post, hence the cry for help....

So besides the flames do you have any other advice?

Comment

Wasnt a flame and maybe you'd have more luck in the women's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMuscle
            you should fix it, you should at LEAST get 20% fat, i prefer 30% fat, 30% protein and 40% carbs for weight gain. Get your carbs from low GI sources, most of the fats should be polyunsaturated. Never ever ever ever forgett having fats in your diet. those are KEY to adding musclemass.
            Thanks for that, any suggestions on the fat/protein/carbs ratio???

I can understand you guys get bored with the same noob questions over and over, but you were there once too. :bawl:

Besides I trust what you guys have to say....

I appreciate your help
            Thanks

Comment

Maybe you're right Yellow
              :agree:

Comment

yeah, like i said 30% fat, 30% protein and 40% carbs.
                workes like charm :)

Comment

Thanks Mr Muscle, I'm going to try that for a few weeks, just need to plot my daily meals down.

Comment

i don't know why nutritional needs when trying to gain mass would be any different for a man than for a woman? :confused:

ditsz, are you asking for examples of carbs you should be getting or what the carb/pro/fat breakdown should be for you to gain?

carbs you should look for to include in your meals are things like brown rice, sweet potatoes, green leafy veggies, and whole grain oats.

Comment

I agree with sana on the choice of carbs to consume.
                      Don't forget to fit some fruites in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sana
                        i don't know why nutritional needs when trying to gain mass would be any different for a man than for a woman? :confused:
                        Pardon me, thought it was common knowledge.

Comment

Pardon me, thought it was common knowledge.
                          huh? is it?? differentials in amounts of p/f/c i would think would vary based on the person's size but and the amount they're trying to gain but - i never thought it was gender based? :confused:

Comment

Im wondering, if you are consuming light carbs with each meal throughout the day, lets say chicken and 1C brown rice with every meal, where would you add fats to the diet? I prefer natty PB for good fats, but Im wondering where to add them, maybe at night when carbs are cut out? Since im bulking right now, but trying to keep BF down, if not losing, Im getting in fats at the second pw meal, ground beef and a potato, maybe a little ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by sana
                              huh? is it?? differentials in amounts of p/f/c i would think would vary based on the person's size but and the amount they're trying to gain but - i never thought it was gender based? :confused:
                              Macronutrient ratio isnt what Im talking about. I wouldnt go in the women's forum and ask how much and what types of foods should I eat. Hopefully shes not 225lbs. Im gussing she eats much smaller amounts than most of us. Not to mention it'd probably be a bit more comfortable asking the women, as opposed to the men.

Comment

Working...
                              X