No announcement yet.

DIET ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks RS, that makes sense. I'll definitely drop bread on 2/15!

Comment

Originally posted by extremekrt
      A look into what I've eaten this week and my workout:
      dec 4
      breakfast / graham crackers and root beer
      lunch / beans and white rice with water to drink ( a meal I like alot) the beans have per serving 2.5g fat; 1g sat fat; 20gcarbs; 6g protein
      treadmill 25 mins walking at 3.5 mph
      biceps and shoulders with 3lb weight 1 set 20 reps different exercises
      lunges and inner thigh exercises
      post workout / apple and peanut butter
      supper / 6in sub and water
      snack / popcorn and rootbeer ( I was trying hard to eat good this day)
      DEC 5
      Breakfast /Poptarts / chocolate milk
      Workout /Stretching
      50 secs w/ jumprope
      10 pushups, 20 squats, 10 side to side squats each leg
      Forms 13 total (martial arts)
      Bardrills 50, 25, 20, 10 (kicks each leg)
      Front kick drills
      Sidekick drills
      Musical form
      Aerials. Bhs. Aubatidos, backtucks, spins
      Stretch
      Post workout snack /Gatorade
      Lunch /Beans and rice / water
      Snack / Snickers and soda
      Supper / Chicken tenders and fries / bud light
      Workout / Triceps: 20 kickbacks
      20 overhead extensions
      Chest: 20 incline bench press dumbbell
      Back: 20 dumbell rows
      Water
      Yogurt

Dec 8
      Smoothie
      Drink / bag of white cheddar popcorn (very fattening :(
      Chicken and dumplings, banana pudding, chocolate icecream / water
      Pears in light syrup
      Smoothie
      Workout
      Xma class, reg class
      Wendys hamburger and fries with drink

Dec 9
      Oatmeal
      Snack crackers, drink
      Porkchops, rice, veges, pineapple, water, chocolate icecream
      Mini candy bar /water
      Jerry j’s hamburger and fries, rootbeer

I know you guys are going to think this is awful, but I love to eat, but I try to do well sometimes.....anyway, usually I workout 6 days a week
      monday 3 hours karate
      tuesday 2 hours karate
      wednesday 2 hours karate
      thurs rest
      friday one hour karate
      sat and sun atleast one hour of karate and I am starting to work in dumbell workout and treadmill
      haha
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice post red, but I disagree with the dairy. It has been proven in numerous studies that skim - fat free dairy has leads to abdominal and overall fat loss when taken with a cutting diet. Just something interesting I picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by BOHICA
          Nice post red, but I disagree with the dairy. It has been proven in numerous studies that skim - fat free dairy has leads to abdominal and overall fat loss when taken with a cutting diet. Just something interesting I picked up.

Can you cite some research backing that claim up, Bohica? Just about two weeks ago the government released a report that milk played no part in either weight loss or weight gain in subjects studied. I don't know that I believe that report either.

Comment

Sure

http://www.florida-agriculture.com/f...ms/calcium.htm

http://outside.utsouthwestern.edu/ch.../ca_wtloss.htm

A CLA Deficiency

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a component of beef and milk that has been shown to reduce body fat in both animals and humans. CLA is essential for the transport of dietary fat into cells, where it is used to build muscle and produce energy. Fat that is not used for anabolic energy production is converted into new fat cells. New research shows how dietary CLA reduces body fat, but first let's take a look at why many Americans are now deficient in CLA, compared with their parents.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag97/nov-lbn97.html

These were just the first I could find, if you want some more let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by BOHICA
              Sure

http://www.florida-agriculture.com/f...ms/calcium.htm

http://outside.utsouthwestern.edu/ch.../ca_wtloss.htm

A CLA Deficiency

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a component of beef and milk that has been shown to reduce body fat in both animals and humans. CLA is essential for the transport of dietary fat into cells, where it is used to build muscle and produce energy. Fat that is not used for anabolic energy production is converted into new fat cells. New research shows how dietary CLA reduces body fat, but first let's take a look at why many Americans are now deficient in CLA, compared with their parents.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag97/nov-lbn97.html

These were just the first I could find, if you want some more let me know.
              IMO, this is not the case for everyone. The last time I tried cutting, I ate very clean and kept my milk in my diet. I only lost 2lbs total. This time I am cutting, cut out all but one glass a day, compared to my usual 3-4 for shakes and such, and I have easily lost 8lbs. This is in a less time period too.

There is a campaign from the FDA or one from the Dairy people that are pushing the studies because of the loss of demand for milk products. I think this has something to do with the sudden change in study results.

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
                IMO, this is not the case for everyone. The last time I tried cutting, I ate very clean and kept my milk in my diet. I only lost 2lbs total. This time I am cutting, cut out all but one glass a day, compared to my usual 3-4 for shakes and such, and I have easily lost 8lbs. This is in a less time period too.
                Pounds lost has no affect on cutting, what was your bf% with each diet before/after?

Comment

Why even bother working out when you eat all of that crap?? Seriously unbelievable!

Comment

haha, i forgot about this thread. i love my response above. ahaha

Comment

Ummm, I know this is an old post but No one mentioned almond milk in this thread.. It's a great alternative with only 40 calories a cup.

Comment

Originally posted by strongChick View Post
                        Ummm, I know this is an old post but No one mentioned almond milk in this thread.. It's a great alternative with only 40 calories a cup.
                        a time machine from 2003.. :rofl:

Comment

id agree with the thought that the milk industry is trying to drive sales back up in some way or another. i believe there are truths to both the aboved claims and i really depends on the individual and how they react to milk. When im cutting for a fight ill cut milk out about a week to two out from the weigh in but my purpose is that dairy products slow down your entire system which in turn slows down EVERYTHING else. My concerns wud be slower reflexes and metabolism only one of which concern my diet but the other obviously concerns my health in the cage...lol

Comment

NEW TO FORUM

Hi I am new to this forum. I have read some of your posts about the science of food and how what you put in is what you get out of it and well, I think I can learn a lot from you. I was never very athletic in my life I was just thin. Now, I'm 31 and I have 3 kids. I have an office job (aka sit on ass all day). My weight is 211. My BMI is 49.4. I just want to be healthy. I rarely eat fast food or sweets. I think my biggest mistake is bread and cheese. Can any of you give me doable guidelines as to what I should expect to lose a week? I am going to the gym now 4 times a week. I don't want to set unrealistic goals (I wish I can drop 6lbs. in a week) because I know that won't be permanent weight loss. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
                            :):staypuff: <- me haha

Comment

I am going to take a bit of a contrarian approach here.

If you are a 211lb female, unless you are 6 feet 5 inches tall, I will NOT recommend a gym unless you are either walking on a treadmill or on a stairmaster. Anything else and you are setting yourself up for injury. If you are doing anything with weights right now, stop. I can guarantee it will set you back because you will get hurt.

The first thing you need to do is to take stock of your diet. How tall are you? You need to figure out what your daily caloric needs are and make sure you undershoot it but a good amount. 500 Kcal is a minimum. 1000 Kcal is good if you can do it without starving yourself.

Use fitday.com and do an honest assessment of how many calories you eat every day and how many carbs/protein/fat calories are in there. Do this for a week and report back here on what your daily intake is.

As far as exercise is concerned, the only thing I would recommend for you is to walk for 1 hour every day. And who wants to do that in a gym? Just walk outside. If you really really want to spend time in the gym, use the elliptical or treadmill but BE CAREFUL. At your weight, you are likely to hurt yourself.

Comment

yea, i think you need to get your diet in check. give us an example of what your average diet per day looks out. dont be afraid to post details like type of bread and how much etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X