Shoulder Injury Come-back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Injury Come-back

hoping I can get some advice - i am in good shape and regularly train medium to heavy weights. unfortunately i had an accident 2 1/2 weeks ago where i dislocated my right shoulder. i have not weight trained in 2 weeks but today i got the ok from the surgeon to slowly start mobility again (he said there is a good chance this may happen again as this is common with these types of injuries so to move SLOWLY). in the meantime i am doing cardio but scared that i may lose all of my muscle gain that i have worked so hard to have (my arms back and shoulders are what i love to train!!!)- any advice on keeping up (or at least feeling better about myself as this is KILLING ME!~!!)without re-injury....cheers!

Personally I would listen to the doctor. I think you could even try some light weights and see how it feels. Don't over do it though.

Comment

Was it a sub-luxation or a full luxation and wich way did your proximal humerous head go (ie. to the rear or to the front)? What all was damaged?

Comment

Wow I just recently had this same thing happen to me and I am in the same situation! Bump, this thread cause I have the same question? I had a sub-luxation and its been only one week and I am still having exteme pain fit2day did you have surgery?

Comment

Working...
        X