No announcement yet.

I feel so fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to think it would be grosse to breast feed, but seriously I can't imagine NOT doing it. I would have never thought that I would have been one to breastfeed, seriously. But I knew it was truely best for my baby and I was going to do whatever it took to do the best thing for them. I didn't breastfeed that long because I knew I was going back to work, I work in an office with a tiny refridgerator, there would be no way that would have worked for me (pumping at work). So, I was just going to try and hope for the best. Well, I ended up breastfeeding for 7 weeks... and then switched to formula after... it wasn't all as grosse as I originally thought and it was really a natural thing. I definately would have done it longer if I didn't have to go to work.

My sister-in-law had a baby right after my son was born and there she was in the hospital trying to jam a bottle in the baby's mouth who was completely refusing it and they couldn't get him to eat for like a 1/2 day... and she kept saying I don't know what is wrong - the nurses kept telling her he had to start eating soon or they were going to have to take him to the NICU... to my husband and I she looked really bad for not even attempting to breastfeed him... he seriously didn't want the bottle...

most of my friends did breastfeed... only my sister-in-law didn't, but she had to have a glass of wine as soon as she got home (that was her excuse) I'm still surprised so many of my friends did breastfeed seeing that we all came from mom's in the 70's who never dreamed of it and formula was the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
      Please tell me this info is coming from your fiance and not from first hand experience bro. LOL
      He did try to nurse on me, but as soon as he did that he was handed off to his mother.

Originally posted by redsquirrel
      If I do change my mind, or at least decide to consider pumping, that could happen.

But, if I still havent' changed my mind after delivery, doctors can now prescribe something for women who don't breastfeed that dries up the milk.
      Really? I didn't know that!

Comment

Working...
      X