Legs Aching for Days after Leg Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dreamgirl
    I've just started lifting on my legs again and each time I do leg day... I can hardly walk for like 2 days. Is this normal? Am I doing too much? The rest of my muscle groups don't hurt like this for so long, that's why I am asking. Could this be because I stopped lifting on them for about 2 years?

Sounds normal. Leg training is tough business.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
      Me too...

Hey DG -- what's your leg workout look like? Can you post what you're doing?
      Um as best as I can here's what my trainer has me do...

2 x 25 incline leg press

2 x 25 leg extentions*

2 x 25 leg curl*

*In between sets I do 15 lunges on each side with 8lbs weights in my hand

2 x 15 lunges with 8lb dumbels doing a shoulder press as I go down

run up and down stairs 5 times

2 x 15 squats

2 x 25 straight leg dead lift

2 x 25 on the lying down leg press machine- on 35lbs., starting at the very closest to my feet... i do kind of like these frog jumps... after doing all these legs this is hard...

run the steps 5 times

I think that's it... now writing these down here, it's a lot... I don't think anyone could do this and not be sore.

Comment

My legs ache just reading that dreamgirl.

Comment

The gym I usually work-out in has a horrible leg curl machine. Completely un-usable. So, the only thing I do for hams is SLDL's (and I squat super-deep). Well, I went to Okinawa this week for work and the gym they had was bad-ass. They had a kick-ass lying leg-curl, and they had the hammer strength standing leg curl :drool:

My hams are so sore I can barely walk....

Comment

Working...
          X