New workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New workout?

So, I did ok when I did the circuit training...one thing I didn't like is that I didnt' get very sore the next day, but I did get a good steady cardio workout.

For the past 6 weeks I've been doing drop sets, and I LOVE them. Now, I'm not wanting to grow...in fact burning a tad bit of muscle would be ok w/ me.

But, since you're supposed to change your workouts every 6-8 weeks, does anyone have any suggestions for a workout that would be similar in effect to that of a drop set work out?

I guess I could do a heavy lifting routine, but that's mostly for building. And my main goal right now is to lose fat.

11 views, and no responses????

Comment

I've always liked a heavy routine for building AND cutting for women - sure it should be changed frequently but a female lifting heavy ass weight with either goal isn't going to hurt her physique unless she is on something...

Comment

True...however, I'm even ok with losing a bit of muscle. My other hang up with doing the heavy workouts is the fact that it really doesn't keep your heart rate as elevated as it would w/ a drop set or circuit training workout.

Maybe I'll do a combo drop set/ heavy...start w/ heavy weights for my 1st 3-5 sets, and then wrap it up with another 3-5 sets of drops

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
          True...however, I'm even ok with losing a bit of muscle. My other hang up with doing the heavy workouts is the fact that it really doesn't keep your heart rate as elevated as it would w/ a drop set or circuit training workout.

Maybe I'll do a combo drop set/ heavy...start w/ heavy weights for my 1st 3-5 sets, and then wrap it up with another 3-5 sets of drops
          Drops sets are a great way to keep your heart rate elevated so that's a good way of going about it - I just know that my heart rate stays way way way up when I'm doing most of the heavy compound movements with little rest between sets - maybe you can just monitor it and see if that's not the case if you go heavier and just adjust your rest periods to keep you in target range...

As for the losing muscle bit - you sound like Shibby wanting to be acrobatic - J/K :P - I wouldn't cut back on the weights - just do enough cardio to burn what you need to lose muscle wise - my two cents ;)....

Comment

Working...
          X