Running any cycles girls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    i think she was talking about the tuna melt. she assumed the tuna melt had wheat bread. thats what she was saying had the carbs. at least thats how i understood it.
    Yes, that's how I meant it. When I think of any kind of "melt" it usually involves meat between 2 slices of bread

As for the gluten, yes it's pretty much digested and processed the same way with everyone. Don't get me wrong- I like bread as mucha s the next gal, but once you cut it from your diet, and maybe replace it with a sweet potatoe or whatever, you'll notice a difference in the way you look.

Comment

It's easy enough to get non gluten bread at the local health food store. Would that be a viable alternative?

I'm used to going very low carb, so I don't tend to think of a tuna melt or fajitas as needing to involve any grain products. They can, but it's hardly a necessity, and I don't usually notice or care one way or another as long as there is enough food on my plate. Which of late there hasn't been. I don't let myself get really hungry, but I don't get satisfied with my meals either. It may be time to break out the bromocriptine, but I hate the side effects.
      Last edited by OhHannah; 02-29-08, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhHannah View Post
        It's easy enough to get non gluten bread at the local health food store. Would that be a viable alternative?
        Well, I guess it would be a somewhat viable alternative, but not optimum.

As I said before, whenever I think of fajita's or melts it does involve a type of bread.

When I was referring to fasting time, I was referring to the time period associated with when you go to bed, and the time you actually eat your first meal the next day. Manipulating fasting times can help lose weight and/or just push the body to continue to make changes.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
          When I was referring to fasting time, I was referring to the time period associated with when you go to bed, and the time you actually eat your first meal the next day. Manipulating fasting times can help lose weight and/or just push the body to continue to make changes.
          I can lose the bread. I don't have carb craving problems, so meat and veggies are a perfectly good meal as far as I'm concerned. I usually hit some raw oats mixed with cottage cheese for a pre workout meal, and have whey with some dextrose post-workout.

How would you suggest manipulating fasting times? I don't want to turn on my "starvation metabolism" by not eating for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by OhHannah View Post
            I can lose the bread. I don't have carb craving problems, so meat and veggies are a perfectly good meal as far as I'm concerned. I usually hit some raw oats mixed with cottage cheese for a pre workout meal, and have whey with some dextrose post-workout.

How would you suggest manipulating fasting times? I don't want to turn on my "starvation metabolism" by not eating for too long.
            I'm not saying get rid of carbs altogether, just replace the breads with a more viable option. If you're worried about eating too much rice, don't make it. Try sweet potatoes if that's what you need to do.

As for pre-workout & post-workout carbs, that's great to help you with energy & strength during your workouts, and recovery. But, those carbs are pretty much burned off really quickly, even PWO. So, while they may be helping w/ sustaining your muscle during your workouts, I'm still not convinced you're getting enough before then.

When I talk about fasting times, I don't mean to starve yourself. But, changing your eating times based on your fasting time can help keep your body guessing. Like, let's say your last meal is at 9pm. Start out w/ an 9 hr fasting time...so you're first meal is at 6am. Then, after a couple weeks, bump it to 10 hrs, making your first meal then at 7am. The last option to do would be to cut out your last meal, and have additional time between each meal. If you continue to do the same things, and eat the same amount of cals at the same times in the day, your body will look the same.

The enemy here isn't the carbs. The big mystery is to how to get your body to respond. When you continue to change the things I mentioned above, you will see greater results. You can also try carb & fat cycling- meaning for 2-3 days per week you get say, 80-100 carbs, with a low amount of fats for those days. Then for another 3-4 days, you cut your carbs in half, but have higher fats to give your muscles something to use for energy
            Last edited by redsquirrel; 03-03-08, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hmm, good ideas, thanks for the advice!

Comment

I'm not saying get rid of carbs altogether, just replace the breads with a more viable option. If you're worried about eating too much rice, don't make it. Try sweet potatoes if that's what you need to do.

As for pre-workout & post-workout carbs, that's great to help you with energy & strength during your workouts, and recovery. But, those carbs are pretty much burned off really quickly, even PWO. So, while they may be helping w/ sustaining your muscle during your workouts, I'm still not convinced you're getting enough before then.

When I talk about fasting times, I don't mean to starve yourself. But, changing your eating times based on your fasting time can help keep your body guessing. Like, let's say your last meal is at 9pm. Start out w/ an 9 hr fasting time...so you're first meal is at 6am. Then, after a couple weeks, bump it to 10 hrs, making your first meal then at 7am. The last option to do would be to cut out your last meal, and have additional time between each meal. If you continue to do the same things, and eat the same amount of cals at the same times in the day, your body will look the same.

The enemy here isn't the carbs. The big mystery is to how to get your body to respond. When you continue to change the things I mentioned above, you will see greater results. You can also try carb & fat cycling- meaning for 2-3 days per week you get say, 80-100 carbs, with a low amount of fats for those days. Then for another 3-4 days, you cut your carbs in half, but have higher fats to give your muscles something to use for energy
                I'm not following you with the fasting time thing. maybe i miss read or simply am too dumb too understand what you are saying. :)

Comment

I'm not following you with the fasting time thing. maybe i miss read or simply am too dumb too understand what you are saying. :)
                  I meant if you want to continuously see changes in your body, that even manipulating your fasting time can help. Like, you start out at fasting for 9 hours from the time you go to bed to your first meal. You change your diet for 5 or 6 weeks, and then you stop seeing changes. So, in order to keep your body guessing, increase the fasting time by 10 hours, and so on.

Comment

I meant if you want to continuously see changes in your body, that even manipulating your fasting time can help. Like, you start out at fasting for 9 hours from the time you go to bed to your first meal. You change your diet for 5 or 6 weeks, and then you stop seeing changes. So, in order to keep your body guessing, increase the fasting time by 10 hours, and so on.
                    I have never heard of that. How does not eating for longer and longer periods increase results? I dont get how that would work. Seems to me that your metabolism would reply by getting slower.

Comment

I have never heard of that. How does not eating for longer and longer periods increase results? I dont get how that would work. Seems to me that your metabolism would reply by getting slower.
                      While you do have a point about running the risk of your metabolism getting slower, let me expand & clarify. Fasting time should never be more than 10 hours when trying to CUT. So, in essence you could start out w/ your last meal at 11pm, and your first meal at 7am. Then you could bump it an hour and so on. But, never more than 10 hours fasting time. Anymore than that, and what you said is possible.

However, if you pull a meal and decrease your total meals from 6 to 5, that will increase your fasting time BETWEEN meals from 3 to 4 hours. In addition with reducing the calories, now you're increasing time between meals.

Comment

Working...
                      X