Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some training help

ok

person is 27 years old and she is doing figure -- she did her first shows last fall - did well

she needed to add more muscle to her frame - been watching her these past few months and finally spoke to her about her lack of progress -

pretty much broke her down and the person she has been following training wise sucks !!!

i know its alot to ask but can the figure ladies lay out there weekly workouts so i can get some ideas -- want to help her get on right track - i could set her up in a heartbeat but it would be more geard towards bodybuilding -

so trying to walk that fine line -- dont want to add to much muscle but enough to fill her frame out -

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for the delayed response-

First off, how much muscle are you wanting to put on her? What bodyparts is she lacking in? And, will she be doing this naturally with just an increase in calories?

How tall is she? Any ideas what her LBM is?

Comment

thanks for your reply red - i will get all info from her soon as i see her -

she will be doing it naturally

Comment

ok red -

she is not sure of her bf% - she is 5' 5" and weighs at present 128lbs -- she has a show april 26th -- she needs to bring up everything imo -- legs - shoulders - back - the most though
        Last edited by house1; 03-04-08, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by house1 View Post
          ok red -

she is not sure of her bf% - she is 5' 5" and weighs at present 128lbs -- she has a show april 26th -- she needs to bring up everything imo -- legs - shoulders - back - the most though
          Ok...I have a decent idea now. I'm assuming she is contest dieting right now if her show is in 45 days?

Well, here in lies the problem- it's almost impossible for anyone to put ON muscle while on a contest diet. Let alone, someone who is natural. Now, she may have made progress since her last show and the results just not be evident as of yet.

That being said, to answer your questions- it sounds like she needs quite a bit of work. This is something she can put into place after her show, and her cals MUST be HIGH or there's no point. Post show growth is the best way to grow!These suggestions are to do it as heavy as possible, or to failure. So tell her to pile on the weight. So, here's what I suggest:

Back: (3 sets of each movement)
          Bent DB rows x 8-10
          Lat pulldown x 8-10
          Seated cable row x 8-10
          Assisted pull ups x 8-10

Legs: (3 sets)
          Smith machine one legged squats x 8-10
          Leg press x 8-10
          Lunges x 10-12
          Leg extensions x 10-12

Shoulders are different for everyone. Some people are blessed with a wide clavicle and great delts. I, for example am not. And i have to HAMMER my shoulders. Some weeks I will do them twice. My exercises are pretty basic, but I have started doing dips again w/ no assist and I've noticed some developlment

Comment

thank you red -- much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X