Surprise, I joined the gym again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    I used to go early like that, but never ever had the same strength as I do later in the day. I agree you feel great leaving the gym starting your day, but damn it's tough and just doesn't feel the same.
    I agree. Exactly the same for me. During the week I go right after work and I always feel great. If I have to go on the weekends it is usually first thing in the morning and my intensity and weights are down.

Comment

I was always a morning person. Scheduled extra time to get warmed/wake up. Felt like I had way more mental energy through the day. Also by the time I was done with work all I want to do is go home and relax.

Comment

I think all of our locations close at 11pm. You go at like midnight or something weird don't you?
        I've been going around 9:30pm lately. I'm gonna go down and check it out this week.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
          I was always a morning person. Scheduled extra time to get warmed/wake up. Felt like I had way more mental energy through the day. Also by the time I was done with work all I want to do is go home and relax.

That's the ultimate struggle with working a regular 9-5 and then taking the time to get to the gym. Either a) you're tired, or b) you feel guilty taking the time away from family. :(

Comment

I used to go early like that, but never ever had the same strength as I do later in the day. I agree you feel great leaving the gym starting your day, but damn it's tough and just doesn't feel the same.
            It's really the only way I can get stuff done. Once or twice a week I go in the mid afternoon. But I get up at 445 and we start at 530 lol

Comment

FB what did you pay for the LA membership?

Mine is $25 a month for the multi club membership. I think it was $150 up front though. I joined up years ago so i'm interested in knowing if the price has gone up or down since then. When I joined there was a price difference between the "multi club" membership and the local only membership. I think that one was like $50 down and $20 a month. Moving from state to state as much as I do I knew I would need the multi club and it has been super convenient for me.

You really couldn't have joined a better club IMO. I have the exact opposite experience from beast. Every LA Fitness I've ever been to has always been kept in great shape with all equipment always maintained. Doesn't matter what state I'm in it always seems like there is a brand new LA Fitness right down the street.

Comment

I pay $29.95 a month. I refused to join until they lowered the monthly fee and the enrollment fee because I know that's how that club works. My friend pays like $34.95 a month and paid like $100 enrollment fee. They will take what they can get. My membership is for access to all the locations in FL. The one I belonged to in VA was definitely bigger/nicer than the one I'm at now, but the new one opens in the summer and it will be just like the VA one.

You really don't need access to ones outside of the state unless you're planning on traveling. If you move, then just start over since there is no contract.

I'm all about a fitness club over a rusty gym. I like knowing the equipment is going to be maintained, the locker room is clean, and I love the sauna. We have a lot of $10 a month gyms, but I'd rather pay more and have nice stuff and better clientele. :laugh:

Comment

You really don't need access to ones outside of the state unless you're planning on traveling. If you move, then just start over since there is no contract.
                  I disagree with that. I would hate to go through that whole cancel and register process every-time I move. It's so nice to just walk into any club in any state with my head phones on and workout. It's just one less hassle in that busy process of moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    I disagree with that. I would hate to go through that whole cancel and register process every-time I move. It's so nice to just walk into any club in any state with my head phones on and workout. It's just one less hassle in that busy process of moving.

Okay, well I didn't realize you planned on moving that often, lol. I'd rather pay less a month.

Comment

Okay, well I didn't realize you planned on moving that often, lol. I'd rather pay less a month.
                      I've lived in 3 states since I joined.

Comment

Bump this. Have you lifted a weight yet?

Comment

No, I just did cardio all week. Next week I'll venture over to the weights :thumb:

Comment

progress pics!

Comment

Bump, been back since original post? :cheese:

Comment

need a spot? good for you girl

Comment

Working...
                                X