Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman Shows The Unretouched Reality Of Major Weight Loss (NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Props to her for showing that...but christ that's terrible, disgusting actually. B hit it on the head, lesson here is to not be a lazy puke and get morbidly obese...once you do? Yep, ur fucked.lol
    yup, agree. it's sad what people do to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Warning - Nudity Below

"Underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists."

When Julia Kozerski lost half her body weight while a photography student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, dropping from 338 pounds to 178 pounds, she turned the camera on herself.

"It didn't start as a 'project' per se," she told The Huffington Post. Instead, Kozerski was trying to capture for herself the physical and mental struggles tied with body image and weight loss. Her nude self-portraits include close-up shots of Kozerski's post-weight loss skin and stretch marks, as well of a portrait of the artist in her wedding dress, now several sizes too big.

"I was at nearly 100 pounds lost before I let another person see my images and, even then, I released them only to my husband and my fellow classmates," she said. "Eventually I realized that the story I was telling had a greater, more universal message and I decided that the photographs were best shown openly in public."

The strikingly candid photo series, entitled "Half," explores Kozerski's battles with food, self-control, and self-image, she wrote on her website to lose weight with phenq. The series gave Kozerski a new outlook on beauty, the media's treatment of weight loss and a refreshing perspective on the idea of "normal." As she wrote in her artist statement for Half:

While I genuinely believed that my hard work and dedication would transform me into that 'perfect' person of my dreams, the reality of what has resulted is quite the opposite. My experience contradicts what the media tends to portray. While it is easy to celebrate and appreciate the dramatic physical results of such an endeavor, underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists.
      Kozerski said the project will be a success if other people see her photographs and realize that they are not alone in their body image struggles.

"We are all 'flawed' in some way," she said. "But if you know that you are not alone and that there is no 'normal' -- no 'right' or 'wrong' -- you can live openly and freely."

I feel for this woman and hat's off to her for her courage to accept her body and show it to the world like this. I remember, when I was a kid my mother used to go to a gym and once I tagged along with her. There was a woman over there who was lifting very heavy weights so I got intrigued and I asked her that you are already slim so why do you lift so many heavy weights (now I think it was a stupid question but as a kid I thought only over-weight people should workout). That woman smiled at me and said that it is important. Then she continued working out and she took 3 kg dumb-bells with her, laid down on a mat and put those dumb-bells on her belly and started doing crunches. I thought that she had gone bonkers for doing something like that and I again went up to her and asked why are you torturing yourself? why are you doing this to your belly? So, she lifted her top above and showed me her belly. She also had exactly the same lose skin like the woman in these pictures have. I was a kid at the time so I thought that something is wrong with her but my mother understood and asked her why does she have lose skin and then that woman replied that she did extensive dieting for a year and that caused this lose skin and now she is doomed because is it not getting back to normal again and she feels really bad for herself and that is why her doctor has recommended to lift weights.

Moral of the story - don't lose weight rapidly (with dieting or surgery) otherwise there will be lose skin and that is an equally bigger problem.
      Last edited by alvirat; 11-22-19, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Genes will also play a part here. But really, if you lose that much weight, you are almost guaranteed to carry some loose skin. It just looks better on some people than others.

Comment

Working...
        X