In terms of cartilage certain things keep growing as we age; ears and nose

Your shoe size increases as your feet flatten

As far as bones are concerned the hips continue to widen around the pelvic

There's tons of science but it's pretty well known bro

Comment

• Conversely, we get shorter as the disks in our back flatten

Since my injury you may even be taller than me now lol

Comment

• Cartilage growth is not at all the same as bone growth. I'm pretty sure there is zero science behind your claim.

Spinal compression has fuck all to do with bone growth. Why do you make me treat you like a retard by making such ludicrous statements?

Comment

• Crazy as it sounds its true, into your 70's you hip bones continue to widen....

Comment

• I need to see science on this shit. I can't take a nutty Brits word for it.

Comment

• UNC study: Pelvic widening continues throughout a person

Comment

• The nutty Brit actually knows a thing or two

Comment

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  Cartilage growth is not at all the same as bone growth. I'm pretty sure there is zero science behind your claim.

Spinal compression has fuck all to do with bone growth. Why do you make me treat you like a retard by making such ludicrous statements?
                  I presume you will now try and claim sarcasm:retard:

Comment

• clearly sarcasm. knew it all along.

Comment

• Peter McGough Interview June 6th, 2016 - Kevin Levrone On the 2016 Olympia

"I'm In It to Win It, Baby!"

In one of the most sensational comeback stories ever four-time Mr. Olympia runner-up, Kevin Levrone, is returning to compete in this year’s Olympia on September 17. On Friday June 3rd, we interviewed the man who will be 51 when he stands on this year’s Olympia stage. Having first interviewed Kevin in 1992, he delivered on his reputation of being immensely interesting and candid.

PM: You’re returning after a 13-year absence to the Olympia. Realistically what placing are you aiming for?

KEVIN: Placing? I’m telling you the absolute truth; I’m focused on winning it. I'm not training for the show just to get up there and have people say, “He looks good for his age.” That attitude is not in my blood. That's not why I've ever competed. I only compete to win. The mission is to win.

Do you know which look you’re going for, super shredded or big and full?

I know what look I’m going for.

But you're not going to tell me.

That’s right. you know me too well. I have already envisioned the look I will have onstage I know who I've got to go up against. I think honestly, hey I'm not standing next to a monstrous Ronnie Coleman or that slab of steel, Dorian Yates. I ran those two guys pretty close a few times – I thought I beat Ronnie in 2000 and Dorian in 1994. So if I could do damage to those guys ….. well, it will be interesting in Vegas.

Will Kevin be able to repdat his 1992 Olympia shredded look ……

What sort of bodyweight were you when you started this process?

I was 212 early in the year. As of this morning [June 3rd] I’m 254.

How are you generally health wise? You had a few injuries in the past?

I had a complete medical review with several scans for my joints. Everything came back good. Other than that it's mental. The mind is a powerful thing. When you believe something, really believe it, then good things happen. I rely on my gut, my instinct, to tell me you can do this. I know this can be done. No matter what people say and what you might be up against, you still can overcome any obstacle if you believe. I’ve been faced with massive obstacles in my past that I’ve overcome. This next task is nothing compared to what I’ve faced before.

In the latter years of your previous career you had the ability to hardly train for months after the Olympia, drop down to 220 and then four months before the next Olympia, bang! you’d put the hammer down and arrive at the Olympia at an in shape 250 plus pounds. Talk about that?

Some athletes need more time to prepare. For me more time actually burns me out, so I knew I could whip my body into shape in those four months. I knew that if I went full bore for longer than that period I’d start to decline.

How are things progressing?

What my body does is grow and get hard at the same time. I've got three and a half months to go but every day something's changing, whether it's my hamstrings coming in or more size on my quads, my back, my calves. I mean it's like waking up every day and seeing a different, improved, reflection in the mirror. Things are just starting to change. I’m seeing stuff I haven't really seen in 13 years, and it's happening again like it always did. I’m driven to look my absolute best – to win. It's strange to see your body change on a daily basis and I'm like Wow! I’m giving it 100 percent. I don't have a guru. I'm doing this thing as I've always done it, and I feel good right now.

You know taking 13 years off, and trying to do what I'm trying to do is pretty unheard of. Many won’t believe that something like this could even happen, especially not at my age. If I didn't feel it in my gut, and if I didn't know that God was involved in this thing, then I would question myself. But I’m driven to compete and win the 2016 Olympia. My gut and instinct tells me that I have to do this – that I will do this.

….. Or will he go for the fuller 2000 Olympia look?

Any thoughts on Shawn Ray’s critical views on your return?

I don't even want to respond to Shawn Ray, I could care less. I don't deal with negativity.

Your final word fifteen weeks out?

To every emcee that ever introduced me, to every expediter that told me where to stand, to every lighting man who made me look good, to every judge that has judged me, to every writer and photographer that poured their heart and soul out for a feature so the world could see me, and to all of my fans and loved ones that cried for me, cheered for me, this one is for you, baby!

Comment

You know taking 13 years off, and trying to do what I'm trying to do is pretty unheard of. Many won’t believe that something like this could even happen, especially not at my age. If I didn't feel it in my gut, and if I didn't know that God was involved in this thing, then I would question myself.
                        he's gonna do it guys, god is involved in this thing.. never mind the world's struggles, god is spending his time helping Levrone in a bodybuilding show. :D

Comment

he's gonna do it guys, god is involved in this thing.. never mind the world's struggles, god is spending his time helping Levrone in a bodybuilding show. :D
                          god needs to get his priorities together then.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Signed the Olympia contract, filling his shirt up real nice.
                              https://youtu.be/XFDDekqByhk

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                                Signed the Olympia contract, filling his shirt up real nice.
                                https://youtu.be/XFDDekqByhk
                                great arm genetics and drug response that's for sure. still think on stage he will look like an undersized old man though. I'd look amazing too standing next to those 3 turds. Wait till he stands next to Ramy. Lol. why wont he show legs?

Comment

Working...
                                X