Fellow insomniacs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow insomniacs....

Do you ever feel angry that the rest of the world is enjoying a good sleep while you are awake????:(

Nahhhh...I just go with the flow.

Most of the time I don't sleep well...tonight I'm just wound up but have had a solid 3 or 4 nights of sleep. First time in months that I've slept that well.

Now I'm slightly buzzed from martini's and eating canned salmon and capers. Hmmm...maybe I'm more than slightly buzzed?

Comment

I wish I could have a few drinks...always sleep better when I do. But, with the low-carb diet and all...can't do it. For a while, I'd drink two double vodka and sprite's with lime every night before bed...was always asleep before 2am. Too bad I'm not one of those people blessed with a hyper metabolism...I'd have a few sippers every night and sleep well. I have a bottle of Valium for emergencies...ie when I've been up far too late for 3 or 4 consecutive nights, but I'm very careful not to abuse them.

Comment

OK...I always work late...but tonight I am going to be here until 6am....I came in at 4pm.........Goddamn UAW workers not showing up to do their job......I really hate unions sometimes......these people wpuld have been fired a long time ago if they didn't have protection.......

I don't hate on night-sleepers though, I will always be able to out-party them.....puddles knows this;)

Comment

If I was working at night, I wouldn't mind...but I'm just sitting here...wife in bed sleeping soundly...and I'm envious. Damn, I wish I was sleeping right now.

Comment

malatonin, valerian root, nyquil, lots of booze.....

try in that order until something works....

Comment

Originally posted by rock
              I don't hate on night-sleepers though, I will always be able to out-party them.....puddles knows this;)
              :agree:

Hey...guess what I did tonight...finally finished assembling the patio furniture. LOL Me and my weird hours, huh? OK...it's midnight, time to go assemble furniture. I'm so glad I'm not the only one doing shit at weird hours.

Rock...I also made some chicken soup...check out the contest forum for recipes. Brought some to Faith too...she sprained her foot on Monday night and tonight was the first night we could train. Did arms...bi's and tri's. I tried to do the ropes like you suggested but my forearm wouldn't hear of it. Did 2 sets my normal way at 40 lbs, 12 reps, then figured I'd try for more weight...got in 9 reps at 50. :) Gonna get those rear tri's to show up somehow. Also did kickbacks but held it for a count of 2 instead of just coming down. Hope this helps. :)

Comment

use the "preacher bar attachment" for reverse tricep pushdown....it will be a lot easier on your hands and forearms......don't know where you got the rope idea....but know I going to try it for the hell of it:)

Comment

malatonin, valerian root, nyquil, lots of booze.....

try in that order until something works....
                  I've tried the first two with no success...the last two have carbs and I'm trying to cut. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...had 2 choc. tini's tonight and all it did was wire me up.

Comment

use the "preacher bar attachment" for reverse tricep pushdown....it will be a lot easier on your hands and forearms......don't know where you got the rope idea....but know I going to try it for the hell of it:)
                    Grrrrrr...I'm so bad with the names of things...preacher bar is what...the upsidedown "V" shaped bar?

Help!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
                      I've tried the first two with no success...the last two have carbs and I'm trying to cut. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...had 2 choc. tini's tonight and all it did was wire me up.
                      I am like that with alcohol too...just a few makes me want more......last time we all went to eat, I got the itch to start pounding, but that was not the place to drink due to the company we had with us.....damn that was a good weekend

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
                        Grrrrrr...I'm so bad with the names of things...preacher bar is what...the upsidedown "V" shaped bar?

Help!!!!

---^-^---

kinda looks like that^

Comment

preacher bar is the one that's got little dips on both sides...not big V's...shallower....imagine a straight bar that someone added a bend two on both sides. I've done those for tris...they are great as a finisher!

Comment

Oh, reverse-grip bench press using a smith machine is a phenomenal exercise...if your wrists can take the abuse.

Comment

--^---^-^---^--

^where the cable clip would go in the middle

some times they have two spot on the bar that can fit your hands ergonomiclly

Comment

Working...
                              X