Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synergy VS LA Fitness

Im working out on LI now so i have a choice of two gyms to join

Synergy Sports Clubs and LA Fitness.. Here the quick pricing i recieved when dropping by

Synergy - $200 start up free - 37 a month after

LA Fit - $150 start up - 50 dollars after

Synergy feels more like a serious gym and saw some real big guys in there that appear to know there way around the gym.. However it doesnt have a parking lot and parking doesnt look easy

LA Fit - Nicer gym and has a pool, sauna, basketball court etc etc etc but feels more like a social club then a gym... Equipment look new though.. parking is a piece of cake... Not that i care but there was alot of eye candy in there too lol.

What do you guys think? Im trying to get back on track.

I'd say parking is the big thing. If you find it a pain in the ass to just get in there, youre less likely to go. I'm a cheapass though, I'd keep looking if possible

Comment

I would work out in an abandoned sandlot if the equipment was there and served its purpose. Just find the gym that allows you to train in your zone and keep your head down until you're done with your workout.

Comment

Originally posted by CiViC SpiKeS
        Im working out on LI now so i have a choice of two gyms to join

Synergy Sports Clubs and LA Fitness.. Here the quick pricing i recieved when dropping by

Synergy - $200 start up free - 37 a month after

LA Fit - $150 start up - 50 dollars after

Synergy feels more like a serious gym and saw some real big guys in there that appear to know there way around the gym.. However it doesnt have a parking lot and parking doesnt look easy

LA Fit - Nicer gym and has a pool, sauna, basketball court etc etc etc but feels more like a social club then a gym... Equipment look new though.. parking is a piece of cake... Not that i care but there was alot of eye candy in there too lol.

What do you guys think? Im trying to get back on track.
        I go to LA probably the one your talking about also..I would stick to synergy its to crowded at LA right now they are talking about a huge expansion which is a pile of shit and the parking sucks IMO..unless you like to walk

Comment

are you talking about the LA fitness on 110? and which synery?

Comment

You guys keep saying the word "gym". Those 2 places listed are not gyms. They are health clubs. Gyms are places where the weights are made of steel and they have rust on them, health clubs have rubber weights. Gyms are a place where the DB's go up to 200lbs, health clubs go up to 100lbs because they dont want "that type of crowd".

Please dont use the word LA Fitness and GYM in the same sentence.

Im proud to say that I belong to a Golds that hasnt had a new piece of eqiupment in years. It smells of rust and mold, and I am happier then a pig in slop when im there!

Comment

Originally posted by rado
              LA is where I go..I love LA
              I should have known..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                Im proud to say that I belong to a Golds that hasnt had a new piece of eqiupment in years. It smells of rust and mold, and I am happier then a pig in slop when im there!
                lol and the dumbells rip into your hands with every rep :bravonew:

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                  lol and the dumbells rip into your hands with every rep :bravonew:
                  damn right, nothing better then blood on your face in the morning while doing DB presses!

meanwhile, rado is at LA fitness with his white gloves on, bottle of evian water, cologne, video ipod, and all the while talking on his ear piece bluetooth cell phone. while he is doing this, he is riding on his stationary bike while reading the entertainment section of the miami herald..

all along he is glancing out the window, making sure nobody dings his SUV, and if someone does, he is ready because he has his digital camera handy to take a picture..
                  Last edited by Bouncer; 03-22-06, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I would have guessed starbucks instead of the evian.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                      I would have guessed starbucks instead of the evian.
                      good call. my guess is that he stops on the way to get the starbucks. starbucks in his right hand and evian in his left. walks into the gym trying to look cool nodding his head at everyone, they all smile back and then laugh when he is out of sight...

Comment

Bouncer, youre funny ass hell sometimes. I can just picture it.

Comment

One more thing to add about rado and his gym antics. he is the guy that takes up 2 parking spaces because he parks his car slanted.

he is also the guy that finishes every workout with a soy based shake beacause he read that the isoflavones are good for the skin.. :ghey:

Comment

damn right, nothing better then blood on your face in the morning while doing DB presses!

meanwhile, rado is at LA fitness with his white gloves on, bottle of evian water, cologne, video ipod, and all the while talking on his ear piece bluetooth cell phone. while he is doing this, he is riding on his stationary bike while reading the entertainment section of the miami herald..

all along he is glancing out the window, making sure nobody dings his SUV, and if someone does, he is ready because he has his digital camera handy to take a picture..

:laughnew: :laughnew: :laughnew: :laughnew:

Comment

Brings back memories! I am not a big guy and I don't need dumbbells over 100lbs, but the first gym I worked out in was just like you describe - all the weights and equipment were rusty. Moreover, the ventilation was so poor that the humidity was 100% and there would be condensation dripping everywhere. My hands would be stained a bright red with all the rust before I was done. It was great!

Comment

Working...
                              X