Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting picture (Kind of graphic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shibby
    I'm not relating them to pregnancy either. Just that the ones you listed are health issues and pregnancy is not. So it's much more difficult to raise awarness if people don't feel threatend.
    I understand what you mean. And yes, you are correct that you cannot raise awareness in pregnancy the same way as you can raise it with health issues. I really didnt mean to put the issues on the same pedestool, but to just try and express that education on the outcome of ones actions is needed first and foremost regardless of the subject matter. It was just a relation between situations where preventative measures could avoid negative outcomes. :)

Comment

But I think the highten awarness of STD's and protecting yourself helps in lowering unplanned pregnancy.
      Thats what i mean by prevention. Taking measures before the event in forms of Education and awareness of sex, just like you regard in that sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxkazxxx
        The outcome of banning abortions would be horrific. Babies dumped like stray cats and dogs, deadly backyard abortions etc etc.
        I agree that it is absolutely horrible that people do things like that to babies. I'm just horrified to think of it. However, I disagree that this an outcome of banning abortions. This is the result of non-existent morals and ethics in both men and women. They aren't being held accountable for their actions. The goal should be to prevent them from killing their baby. And giving them the option of abortion only makes that easier AND legal. If the problem is that they have no sense of responsibility or respect for the life of their baby, than abortion is not the answer. We cannot concede abortion because they lack morality or integrity. That doesn't solve the problem.

The world is full of issues everyone disagrees on, but what's great about some of the countries in the world is that we have options and the right to take whatever option we feel is best and right for our own situations. Nobody else is going to stand in our shoes but ourselves.
        The problem is exactly that...they feel that abortion is best and right for their own situation. There are some decisions that are wrong no matter who makes them. Intentionally taking the life of an unborn child is one of them. Again, the problem is that people lack morality. Like I said, I don't really have a good answer for cases of rape or incest.

IMO banning abortion is not the answer to that either, education is. Education via parents, teachers, peers & the media to help raise more children who have self worth, self respect, morals, goals & the ability to forsee what their actions may result in, and make their decisions accordingly!
        Education is a great start. Children in our society today are being taught that whatever makes your life easier is the right thing to do. I think that even more important than self worth and self respect would be to value the worth of others and have respect for others. Teaching them the ability to evaluate what their actions may result in is an excellent point. :)

Comment

The bottom line is that everyone should have the right to do whatever they want to their own body. Using abortion as a form of birth control is horrible, but there will always be peolpe that take something to the extreme. I see people everyday that are on every kind of government help that is available and they have 3 or 4 kids. I don't think you should ever bring a child into this world without being financially ready. I see mother's and father's that are shoving every kind of food and medicine down a childs throat, that is just a different kind of murder. A doctor can not diagnose ADD in an eight year old, I don't care what they say. ADD is a problem of lazy parents and bored children. I am getting off topic here and it will soon turn into my rant about how we are such an over medicated country.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000
            The bottom line is that everyone should have the right to do whatever they want to their own body. Using abortion as a form of birth control is horrible, but there will always be peolpe that take something to the extreme. I see people everyday that are on every kind of government help that is available and they have 3 or 4 kids. I don't think you should ever bring a child into this world without being financially ready. I see mother's and father's that are shoving every kind of food and medicine down a childs throat, that is just a different kind of murder. A doctor can not diagnose ADD in an eight year old, I don't care what they say. ADD is a problem of lazy parents and bored children. I am getting off topic here and it will soon turn into my rant about how we are such an over medicated country.
            I like this response, especially the first sentence. I know its a stretch but it reminds me of what some of us do to ourselves which is socially unacceptable. I know injecting yourself with illegal drugs has nothing to do with abortion but it has to do with a persons morals. If a bodybuilder feels he wants to get bigger by giong against society and what most people think is right, he does what he wants. Some people dont have a moral pronlem with abortion, especially when it is done early on. I'm not saying theyre right but the thought process seems similar even though the results are in most cases dramatically different.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
              Kind of hard to explain this whole process of the way I think over the net
              no, im pretty sure your just as dumb anywhere else as you are on the net. :P

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                ....Maybe if we were on the phone, you would understand a bit better...

lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                  I like this response, especially the first sentence. I know its a stretch but it reminds me of what some of us do to ourselves which is socially unacceptable. I know injecting yourself with illegal drugs has nothing to do with abortion but it has to do with a persons morals. If a bodybuilder feels he wants to get bigger by giong against society and what most people think is right, he does what he wants. Some people dont have a moral pronlem with abortion, especially when it is done early on. I'm not saying theyre right but the thought process seems similar even though the results are in most cases dramatically different.
                  What about that child's rights? Do whatever you want to yourself, no skin off my back. If a woman wants to do something to her body that only affects her body, go for it. Bodybuilding doesn't kill other people. The fact remains that after an abortion a baby is dead. What about that child's rights over it's body? It's right to live? It's right to experience love? It's right to choose for itself? What about that child's rights? A woman doesn't have the right to do what she pleases with her baby's life. And that's what abortion boils down to. People can try to confuse the issue by arguing when life begins, but it doesn't work.

Comment

Talk about opening a can of worms.

Comment

Talk about opening a can of worms.
                      Yes it is. I think everything has been said that can be said. It's starting to take yoo much of a political turn, so I'm am going too go ahead and close it.

Comment

Yes it is. I think everything has been said that can be said. It's starting to take yoo much of a political turn, so I'm am going too go ahead and close it.
                        this subject always does.

Comment

It was a nice read I thought as everyone was stating thier views. Not it's taken a turn (which is naturaul) to debates of why others views may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X