hand gun owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand gun owners

Im thinking about getting a pistol for my gf,she has shot plenty with me,so I was thinking a glock 23 the mid size 40cal,its small enough for her to carry if needed ,powerful enough that god forbid she has to use it but its a 1 shot stop,and its a good gun. I found one used at a local gun shop for 340 not a bad price. I have a glock 27,and a p89 ruger,and h&k 45. Any thoughts on a good gun for her? She like the S&M 38cal lady smith its lite as shit but its a 38 and only 5 shots.

Not a fan of glocks at all. This is a true story, I bought a glock 17( I belive) the first ones that came out went to the range shot it couldnt hit the side of a barn. went home tryed it again still couldnt hit the barn so this time when I got home I gave yes gave it to my brother for free I hated it so much,lol.

Give her your HK45. do you have the HK45 or the USP45. I have usp9 and my next hand gun will be the HK45

Comment

Get her a Ruger LCP .380 and buy some +p rounds. The pistol will do what is necessary, it's light weight (9oz), easily concealed and reliable. $300.

...or you get her the Taurus 'Judge' revolver, 3" barrell, shoots .40cal or 4-10 shotgun shells. Throw in the shotgun shells and she doesn't have to worry about accuracy as much, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dfc View Post
        ... but its a 1 shot stop....

Don't expect that from any handgun. Even with rifles or shotguns you never have a guarantee of a one shot stop.

That being said the .38/.357 has more documented stops in actual confrontations due to the fact it was the law enforcement caliber of choice for so many years. She would be well protected by a five shot S&W revolver, if she was confident and could shoot it well.

Your best bet would be to take her to a shooting range that rents handguns and let her try several of them. Let her pick what works best for her, not what you think she should have.

Wound profiles in ballistic gelatin from popular handgun calibers.....

Comment

Go with an xd for her. Nice and lightweight plus has a lot of ammo in the mag now. An upgraded glock design i'd say.

Comment

i like glocks ,, have the model 23 40 cal . nice gun

for home nothing beats pistol grip pump shotgun with double o buck . shit will blow you apart

Comment

take her to a range where you can rent guns and let her try them. She's probably got small-ish hands which will work better holding some guns better than others. I dont know about glock in .40 but in 9mm they are double stack and the grip is wider than some others as a result. Also, don't worry about mag capacity. If she needs more than a single stack mag in a compact (4"barrel) she's got major problems...

Comment

u didnt say how your gal was gonna carry and thats a key issue that is to say if she is keen on holster there are a multitude of options and if the holster is in anynumber of offerings will suffice but i would recommend a caliber of 380 and i know some will say it wont have a enough stopping power but in the hands of a less than skilled expert the concussion sound and general shock value of a 357 -41-45-10 mii-44 or with plus p ammo even a 9 can be a detrement to the shooter and if u dont know what i mean nevermind.anyways most women opt for pistol purse/hand bag combos with a high quality wheel gun in hammerless configuration to avoid hangups when drawing the weapon and wheel guns wont jam like a clip auto aftersitting dormant a few months.ok done but keep in mind when someone says a 38 or 380 wont stop someone remember dont know body want a belly full of no kind of firearm not even a 22 cal

Comment

Originally posted by buell View Post
                  wont jam like a clip auto aftersitting dormant a few months.
                  That is just silly! first its a magazine not a clip and second I have HK usp 9mm mags that have been loaded for years, yes "YEARS" that work all the time.
                  Use good ammo in a good gun that is clean and you will not have any issues with a auto.

Comment

i see your point i my self carry a subcompact 45 with a 13 round capacity and have never had a issue with a jam but for one to think a springloaded magazine sitting in a fully depressed condition for years would not suffer some loss of memory ? oh well point being with a female shooter under durest and even a same skilled male shooter under the same conditions a revolver is a better choice if said shooter is not high level combat trained..oh and just wondering if your 9 mags have been loaded for years how do they work all the time ?

Comment

im leaning towards hk glock or a sig. im gona take her to the range and rent different types to see will like.

Comment

ok ima done after this ..it sounds like u are lookin for a weapon for your girl ok with that being said just a few tips ..ease of carry ..non overwhelming recoil..user friendly..and most importantly how fast can she bring her fire to save her life ..im sure u will make the right choice but please dont discount the old tried and true wheel gun its mostly failsafe but has very little in the way of accidental fire u pull the trigger and it barks

Comment

thanks im gonna see what fits her best i start looking at guns i like and forget there for her lol.

Comment

Originally posted by buell View Post
                            i see your point i my self carry a subcompact 45 with a 13 round capacity and have never had a issue with a jam but for one to think a springloaded magazine sitting in a fully depressed condition for years would not suffer some loss of memory ? oh well point being with a female shooter under durest and even a same skilled male shooter under the same conditions a revolver is a better choice if said shooter is not high level combat trained..oh and just wondering if your 9 mags have been loaded for years how do they work all the time ?
                            Springs dont go bad from just sitting they go bad from being used. Compressed then un-compressed back and forth that is what wears out springs. This is not me making up stuff this is fact from actuall tests. any gun board will have talked about this many times.

I know my mags work cuz I use them I have special home defence ammo in 4 mags right now for my usp all loaded. When I goto range I un-load them leave ammo at home use cheap ammo at range come home clean gun and re-load with good ammo.

Comment

Oh and side note I have had the USP and mags for close to 15 years. never a problem from the mag.

Comment

Working...
                              X