Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is out reasonable to leave a dog at home

While your at work?

The average person leaves their pet at home while they work. What else would you do?

Comment

I don't really know FB, we're looking at getting a dog for the first time, I work reasonable hours nothing crazy and I could walk it before work and take out put in the garden on evening, and then weekend could take it out with me and for longer walks. Just some dogs seem to bark alot left at home and I wouldn't do it if it was cruel.

Comment

Just do your research and pick the dog that's right for you and the situation. You don't strike me as much of a dog person so think carefully about getting one. They need time and effort.

Comment

:disagree:
          Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          Just do your research and pick the dog that's right for you and the situation. You don't strike me as much of a dog person so think carefully about getting one. They need time and effort.

Comment

Did you grow up with a dog? Are you ever around dogs? The questions and statements you make about dogs tell me you are not much of a dog person. You are a bit of a euro sissy from what I can tell. Just get a cat and name it Fernando. Queer

Comment

If you both work 5+ days a week and are away 8,9,10 hours - then no, I don't think that's fair to a new dog. If you plan on leaving your animal outside - also not fair.

Not trying to be funny, but a cat may be a good option for you. Dogs require a LOT.

What type are you considering?

Comment

Did you grow up with a dog? Are you ever around dogs? The questions and statements you make about dogs tell me you are not much of a dog person. You are a bit of a euro sissy from what I can tell. Just get a cat and name it Fernando. Queer
                Let me know when you have anything helpful to say, your blatantly in so female hormone peak and fettling shitty, comes through every time. How about this, would a boxer be ok at home allonge so long as out hour walked every morning and attention at night?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                  If you both work 5+ days a week and are away 8,9,10 hours - then no, I don't think that's fair to a new dog. If you plan on leaving your animal outside - also not fair.

Not trying to be funny, but a cat may be a good option for you. Dogs require a LOT.

What type are you considering?
                  A small one with a calm playful personality

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

Let me know when you have anything helpful to say, your blatantly in so female hormone peak and fettling shitty, comes through every time. How about this, would a boxer be ok at home allonge so long as out hour walked every morning and attention at night?
                    Boxer is to high energy to be left all day long. No way. My boxer at 8 years old still rips around the house jumping and playing with his toys. He wants attention 20 hours a day.

Comment

Boxer is to high energy to be left all day long. No way. My boxer at 8 years old still rips around the house jumping and playing with his toys. He wants attention 20 hours a day.
                      Ok thanks, read up on them and it says they would be fine left at home so long as they get exercise in the am and lots of attention of evening. Better to ask someone that had one though

Comment

I thought you said small?!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                          I thought you said small?!
                          Boxers aren't big, a rotti would be too big, but a westie or began frise would not be too small either

Comment

Problem though mr I is that is seems like you want a boxer sized dog 65-80lbs range. Problem with that is that size dog is the highest energy.

I grew up with rotties and have a French mastiff now and both of those big breed 100lbs + need much less exercise then my boxer does. He is like a little atomic bomb of energy.

Comment

Problem though mr I is that is seems like you want a boxer sized dog 65-80lbs range. Problem with that is that size dog is the highest energy.

I grew up with rotties and have a French mastiff now and both of those big breed 100lbs + need much less exercise then my boxer does. He is like a little atomic bomb of energy.
                              I see, good point, a rotti would be fine for me but the wife is a little over 5 ft and shit scared of the big dogs. Most say that a boxer is calmer than even a labrador bit you stern to have bucked the trend with yours. I think big scoty has one too

Comment

Working...
                              X