No announcement yet.

Is out reasonable to leave a dog at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our female is the worlds smallest female boxer. She is about 55ish lbs. Cassius is 80lbs...avg for a boxer but he is not quite 2 years old. Cowboy, my fawn that passed was 100# and I believe that contributed to his death.

I am only aware of American boxers and German boxers. American boxers are narrower with pointier heads. German boxers tend to be larger with more square heads.

Comment

Get a turtle. It'll outlive you too.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post

Bouncer watch your 8 year old. Cowboy, my 8 year old boxer died of natural causes a few years back.
        [/B]
        thanks bro, makes me feel good.

:pissed:

Comment

If I was to be reincarnated this is what I would want to be...

BEST DOG VIDEO
          SNOOP DOGG - WHO AM I (WHATS MY NAME) HD - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
            Boxers aren't big, a rotti would be too big, but a westie or began frise would not be too small either
            Staffordshire Bull Terriers are great dogs, good family dogs and despite common opinion they are good with kids. I've has Staffs for over 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkysatan

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are great dogs, good family dogs and despite common opinion they are good with kids. I've has Staffs for over 15 years.
              Agreed :)

Comment

bless.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dinkysatan
                  bless.
                  Adorable :pink:

Comment

Originally posted by dinkysatan View Post
                    No too powerful and its all very well saying they're only dangerous in the wrong hands, well so is so revolver and I wouldn't have one of those lying around lose either,.Staffs have literally pulled children apart before, no fucking way

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                      Adorable :pink:
                      You know what they say, owners are like their dogs!

Even though relatively small shes a strong girl. Take her for a walk and play fetch with a 12inch stick she'll come back with an 8 foot log!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok well you all schooled me on dog knowledge, we have a three bed two story semi detached with secure small garden and patio to the rear. All non scratch laminate floor downstairs, I can walk it on a morning and out would get lost of attention and outings on a normal weekend and evenings. We don't have kids as you know and to be honest out should be nice to have something else for is to care for except for each otherOut would be well taken care of so long as it would be ok left for a day.
                        I'd say no problem leaving a dog at home while you are at work. But..... you have to be prepared for lots of training and some damage. I had a weimaraner, he was a lovely dog very protective but he was my boy. If I was out or went away he would pine for me, even though there were other people about. He ripped apart (literally) three whole suites of furniture cost me thounsands (bugger) for attention, he even did it to the interior of my car! But I'm a dog person so I persevered. Sadly he died of a brain tumor at 18months, not long after his litter of x staffs were born.
                        In short, be prepared for damage! Crate training is an alternative which works - I did that with the pups and all is cool - I have sofa's.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkysatan View Post
                          I'd say no problem leaving a dog at home while you are at work. But..... you have to be prepared for lots of training and some damage. I had a weimaraner, he was a lovely dog very protective but he was my boy. If I was out or went away he would pine for me, even though there were other people about. He ripped apart (literally) three whole suites of furniture cost me thounsands (bugger) for attention, he even did it to the interior of my car! But I'm a dog person so I persevered. Sadly he died of a brain tumor at 18months, not long after his litter of x staffs were born.
                          In short, be prepared for damage! Crate training is an alternative which works - I did that with the pups and all is cool - I have sofa's.
                          Ok cool, think I've like a toy boxer

Comment

No too powerful and its all very well saying they're only dangerous in the wrong hands, well so is so revolver and I wouldn't have one of those lying around lose either,.Staffs have literally pulled children apart before, no fucking way
                            Mate I wont try and talk you into anything. Its down to the owners believe me. I have raised kids with a great danes, weimaraners and staffs without issues. But would I trust someone elses dog with a little kid? No way - even if they were of a breed I had experience of. They all have their own personalities and some little hooded prick with a staff = weapon. Do some research on staffs though dude before you write them off they are known as 'nannie dogs' as they (in the right hands) are great with kids. Honest.

Comment

A toy boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                                A toy boxer?
                                He means poodle.:thumup:

Comment

Working...
                                X